You will be responsible for your own caseload of bodily injury insurance claims valued at £25k+, ensuring claims are settled fairly but economically and avoiding unnecessary litigation. You will liaise with internal and external stakeholders and ensure compliance with large loss reporting requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of multi-track and large loss pre-litigation insurance claims.
- Build on substantial knowledge of the relevant sections of the Civil Procedure Rules, Pre-Action Protocols and legislation.
- Ensure reserves are accurately based on current information for all elements of the claim.
- Identify and investigate potential fraudulent claims.
- Act as a technical referral point.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring reporting requirements are met.
- Contribute to team/department performance by assisting colleagues to ensure team targets are met.
- Process and/or authorise payments within authority levels.
- Maintain data accuracy and files to agreed standards.
- Question and challenge peers/managers where processes and procedures do not meet expectations and any activity that does not place customers interests at the heart of how we do business.
- Build great relationships with cross functional teams to ensure overall success.
- Drive your own development by actively seeking development opportunities.
- Ensure customers and the business are kept safe through compliance to all procedural and regulatory legislation as required by FCA.
- Take responsibility for your own actions ensuring you keep up to date with all communications, processes and procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Actively and positively promote and represent the group throughout the firm, and to external bodies.
Experience & Knowledge
- Substantial experience dealing with bodily injury insurance claims.
- Good technical knowledge.
- Detailed understanding of Insurance.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries.
- An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities.
- Good IT/Keyboard skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- CII qualified/part qualified preferable.
- Previous experience dealing with complex/large loss insurance claims.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'