Senior Boarding Tutor / Sports Coach Job starting ASAP in Wiltshire
A successful Independent school in Wiltshire where pastoral care is imperative and staff work as a team. They are looking to recruit someone who does not necessarily have any experience but would like to assist with the young boarders and see what boarding life is like.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise and care for the international boarding students who attend the College.
· Take an active role in ensuring the students’ welfare and happiness.
· Implement the College’s Health & Safety and Risk Assessment procedures for your activities.
· Support Head of Boarding and Deputy Head of Boarding by demonstrating their experience through autonomy, initiative and actions/ideas/ solutions.
Activities & Sports
· Plan and prepare in advance a programme of instruction for your activities, ensuring that participants receive appropriate instruction.
· Assist with the preparation of activities.
· Instruct, supervise and monitor participation in sports and other activities.
· Help with the organisation of student team-building activities and competitions.
· Monitor the use and borrowing of equipment ensuring it is well maintained and stored appropriately
· Encourage the students to participate in all sports and activities through your own enthusiasm, signing up systems, notices, announcements, displays and personal contact.
· Be responsible for sub groups when either the HoB or DHoB want to break a whole school group down to better manage, care and provide for the students.
· Carry out pastoral duties including meal supervision, wake-up and supervision of students during their free time and at bedtimes as directed, demonstrating previous experience.
· Be 'On Call’ during the night looking after students with medical needs, investigating alarm activations (students trying to access electronics), etc
· Maintain daily records of attendance and participation.
· Administer basic medication, keeping robust records, ensuring medicine levels are always maintained.
· Carry out duties associated with the arrangements for arrival and departure days and ensure an appropriate programme of activities is available for students as they arrive.
· Attend staff meetings and contribute as required to other activities and events to ensure the smooth, effective running of the college.
Salary: £13,500 per annum + £1500 end of contract bonus
Job number: 48063
Responsible Consultant - Laura Sandels
- Pastoral Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job