Data Protection Specialist Lawyer
Our client is in search of a Data Protection Specialist to join their UK OPC, Continuity and IT Security team. The institution is a highly-established organisation with their Headquarters based in London.
This role will be responsible all requirements of data protection regulations including DPA and GDPR, working closely with both the Legal and compliance departments.
- Main responsibility will be to lead the implementation of GDPR for CIB UK
- Ensure the organisation is following all data protection laws and general codes of practice.
- Liaise with other data protection specialist at Group Level and within Legal and supporting other departments with any data protection issues.
- Responding to subject access requests for London and managing all notifications whist constant monitoring and check compliance for data protection and codes of conduct.
- Present and collaborate with UK senior management on all matters data protection, also communicate across the company and at global steering committees.
- Required to be up to date with the law and how to practically interpret it, to be able to harness and initiate with when dealing with conflicting objectives.
- Provide support and coordinate with all UK entity DPOs by holding regular forums on existing projects and issues.
Minimum Experience and Knowledge
- A qualified lawyer (does not need practicing certificate) with 2+ years PQE in data protection and at least 3 years within large Financial Services organisations.
- Strong data protection knowledge and experience including transactional work and standalone advice (data security, audits, compliance, policies, subject access requests and international reviews).
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data privacy governance and regulation with financial services sector.
- Experience of management of work and projects across regions.
- Ability to translate complex legal documents and terminology into clear business focused ideas.
- Good understanding of international regulation and laws.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deal with demanding client base and various jurisdictions within the bank.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills for meeting tight deadlines and assimilating complex legal and regulatory material with limited admin support.
- French language skills would be highly beneficial but not necessary.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.