We are currently recruiting for a Bodyshop Panel Apprentice. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with one of the world's most prestigious and technologically advanced car manufacturers. You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI bodyshop, where you will be responsible for repairing accident damaged motor vehicles to the high standards of the BMW/MINI brand.
All BMW Bodyshop Apprentices (Paint & Panel) attend a centralised body training facility in Milton Keynes for their off-the-job training. This centre is equipped with BMW Cars and BMW ColorSystems to ensure that apprentices are trained to the highest standards.
The role of a Bodyshop Panel Technician includes:
- The removal, repair and refitting of panels and components
- Welding techniques
- Panel beating
- Dent removal
- Vehicle Damage Assessments
During the time spent at your BMW Bodyshop, a mentor will be allocated to oversee the work-based learning programme. A BMW representative will also visit on a 12 weekly basis to set performance targets and ensure any development needs are being met.
Requirements and prospects
- To have good manual dexterity
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
- A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry as a whole
- To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn
- A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism
- To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy bodyshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSE Grade A*-C / 9 - 4 or Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalents) in the following subjects:
- One other subject
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will progress to become a fully qualified Bodyshop Panel Technician.
Things to consider
Successful applicants must be prepared to travel to the body training facility in Milton Keynes to complete their apprenticeship training. Training is completed in one-week blocks approximately once every two-three months.
All training costs are covered by the BMW Retailer/Bodyshop (travel, accommodation and food).
- Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair (Body) Principles (VRQ)
- Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair (Body) Competence (VCQ)
- Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair (Body) Principles (VRQ)
- Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair (Body) Competence (VCQ)
Vehicle Body and Paint
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'