Blood Services Manager
LOCATION: NORTH WEST or Midlands
£55,000 - £70,000 dependent on experience
This is an exciting opportunity based in the North-West for a candidate with extensive experience within the Blood Transfusion field. The role will involve management of an established Product Specialist team and key focus will be on developing the team and increasing product knowledge and sales for this sector.
Reporting to the Director the main purpose of this position is for directing and controlling the selling and marketing functions for the Transfusion Technology Business Stream and associated products and services.
- The key focus is to direct and support a sales force to sell Transfusion Technology products.
- To deliver profitable sales growth in line with operating budget and mid-term strategy incorporating the core therapy areas of Transfusion Technology.
- To take leadership of the Product Technology sales strategy and drive its implementation, specifically deploying a key account management approach to exploit leverage opportunities as they emerge.
- To work closely with the Director to provide valued input into the contract/tender process for all Transfusion contracts adopting a multi-skilled approach.
- To train, empower and develop the TT sales force to ensure business objectives are met through their sales performance.
- Direct responsibility to ensure training needs are met for all sales force managers and their teams through comprehensive training and development plans.
- Responsibility for core competency assessment of sales personnel to include bench marking, personal development plans and appraisal documentation.
- To manage relationships with key opinion leaders/customers/industry.
- To develop an adequate Key Customer management plan
- To interface with customers seeking advice on Transfusion products or any other matters relating to orders placed with the Company.
- Develop and maintain a network of external opinion leaders and strategic influencers of the relevant market environment who can advise or support the company in the conduct of our commercial or clinical business.
- Accountable for allocated product group including negotiating and achieving budgeted gross margin for product group and target sales of promoted products.
- Provide leadership and management of direct reports
- Direct the allocation of resources across product group
- Deliver continual development of the TT marketing function
- Deliver development of the TT product portfolio
- Have direct involvement in marketing work, where necessary, to ensure that delivery expectations are met:
- Engage, influence and shape the broader business in support of the TT portfolio and provide support to the Business Unit Director on broader business requirements.
Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Business Qualification or evidence of advanced training in a blue-chip company
- Formal selling skills training
- Basic financial skills needed to be comfortable with P&L and tender proposals.
- Successful selling experience with proven track record in a competitive environment
- Sales management experience at Regional or National level.
- Product management or marketing products experience.
- Successful and proven skills for Team development and Team leadership
- Experience of operating at a senior level in a healthcare/medical devices business with responsibility for: Delivering business success in a substantial business
- Sales, margins and costs
- Preparation of medium term strategy
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Presentation of financial plans and business performance to Board or Exec Team
- Detailed knowledge of the relevant Body structures and developed contacts with purchasing and technical decision makers.
- Detailed knowledge of the current tendering processes
- Business Performance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job