Senior Block Property Manager
Location: Southend-on-Sea, Essex
Working hours: Monday - Friday 9-5:30pm
Salary: £Negotiable, dependent on experience
My client is seeking an enthusiastic, confident and driven individual to join their existing portfolio management team as a Senior Portfolio Manager. The successful candidate will have joint responsibility for a portfolio of 800 blocks on a reactive basis. In addition, the role requires the management of a number of third party agents who are appointed to manage the remaining portfolio. This is a rare opportunity to take a challenging role on the client side of the block management sector where focus is placed on customer service alongside asset performance.
- Acting on behalf of one of the UK’s largest freeholders with a growing nationwide portfolio.
- Working as part of a small team delivering the reactive management of a large and varied portfolio of residential blocks located across the UK.
- Drawing upon experience to provide support and advice to the team and third party managing agents where required.
- The ongoing review of the wider portfolio to highlight, oversee and manage projects that ensure the group are maximising income potential from existing assets.
- Dealing with queries both internally and from external sources on a day to day basis by phone, email and letter.
- Reporting to senior management on potential liabilities, projects and overall management of the portfolio.
- Joint ongoing performance monitoring of external managing agents; addressing issues and highlighting these to senior management.
- Ongoing review and scrutiny of own department to highlight improvements in efficiency or technological advances.
- Reviewing leases, legislation and land registry documents for guidance on legal matters and repairs.
- Arranging repairs on a reactive basis and in compliance with CDM regulations; liaising with contractors, charge raising and invoicing.
- Ensuring health and safety and legislative compliance of the portfolio. Co-ordinating health and safety reports and acting upon the findings contained within those reports.
- Co-ordinating major works projects, the serving of statutory notices, acting as principal designer on smaller scale works and liaising with surveyors on larger schemes.
- Providing guidance on incoming Right to Manage claims and working closely with our legal team to see these through to completion.
- On occasion attending Tribunals or County Court hearings to act as a witness.
- On occasion undertake meetings with residents with a view to preventing RTM/ enfranchisement claims or dealing with escalated complaints.
- Conducting site visits where necessary to meet with leaseholders, contractors or surveyors and to inspect works or repairs.
- Meeting with both existing and potential managing agents.
- Other daily duties involve dealing with incoming phone calls (as part of a team) and assisting in the general running and administration of the company.
- Knowledge of lease extensions and the 1993 Leasehold Reform Act is desirable.
- Continued IRPM/ ARMA development will be offered by the company to ensure the employee has a strong understanding of the surrounding legislative and contractual influences when managing property.
- Property block management experience (acting as property manager or senior) with strong knowledge of the legislative requirements.
- Ideally MIRPM qualified
- Knowledge of the broader leasehold sector and a commercial perspective of the role.
- Competitive salary offered.
- Property Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'