Our client in Brighton is looking for an experienced Property Manager for a local block portfolio (you do not need to have block property management experience to be considered for this opportunity).
HOURS: Monday to Friday 09:00am - 5:30pm
SALARY: £22,000 - £25,000 based on experience
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The effective and efficient running of a residential (& in some cases mixed use) property management portfolio
Managing and developing a small team of Property Administrators who are responsible for providing support within the department
Contributing to the development of improvements in department systems, management practices and customer service
Working with the Head of Department and other PM’s to ensure the department’s new business pipeline is maintained and be an Ambassador for the firm.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide an efficient and effective service to landlords and long leaseholders, including contractual and financial management. Deal with enquiries from lessees relating to repairs, accounts and all aspects of property management.
- To carry out routine and emergency inspections of properties and prepare forward maintenance registers/forward maintenance plans.
- To diagnose defects and put forward suitable remedies for their repair.
- To produce annual budgets for feeding into annual and half-yearly service charge demands.
- To read, understand and apply the requirements of leases pertaining to Residential Property Management, particularly in the identification and discharge of covenants as they apply to responsibilities for maintenance and repair.
- To administer Section 20 consultations in respect of major qualifying works and long term contracts. To work with our In-house and External Building Surveyors who produce specifications of works for repairs and maintenance and act as contract administrator for projects.
- To tender for and appoint term contractors for routine maintenance e.g. cleaning, gardening, lifts, entry phone systems, etc.
- To liaise with the Accounts Department in respect of financial matters and the Insurance department in respect of insurance matters.
- To develop and maintain a culture of good public relations and customer care.
- To attend meetings of lessees, including AGMs and Residents Association meetings.
- To act as line manager for the appointment and management of caretakers, both day and residential appointments
A good level of experience and understanding of residential block management preferably including experience of managing mixed-use developments.
A sound knowledge of various building construction forms and techniques for their repair and maintenance.
An appreciation of the legislation framework pertaining to long leasehold residential management, both current and past, but most particularly an understanding of the regulations and their application pertaining to Landlord & Tenant legislation
Good public relation and communication skills, orally and written, good telephone manner.
Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, e.g. freeholders, lessees, contractors, etc.
For more information please apply today!
Why Red Robin?
Red Robin Recruitment is a local Brighton based Recruitment agency.
We appreciate that seeking a new job can be stressful and daunting. Whatever your employment situation we are here to help and excited to assist you in finding a great new opportunity.
We pride ourselves on keeping you updated throughout the whole recruitment process. Our aim is to ensure you are best informed and prepared prior to interviews. We'll always give feedback or great news quickly.
Recommend a friend!
If this job isn’t for you but you know someone that would be interested in it, contact us now to introduce your friend to us and find out about our referral bonus scheme.