ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED PROPERTY/BLOCK MANAGER? (Residential & Mixed use)
GREAT OPPORTUNITY WITH THIS LEADING INDEPENDENT FIRM
EXCELLENT PACKAGE UPTO £35,000 D.O.E. FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
We are currently recruiting for leading property Management Company based in Bognor Regis.
My client is one of the market leaders in its field who due to a programme of continued improvement are looking for a PROPERTY MANAGER/BLOCK MANAGER for Residential and Mixed use.
SUMMARY OF JOB: Responsible for the management of a mixed and varied portfolio of approximately 1300 units of mainly residential and some mixed development blocks located between Brighton & Bournemouth.
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide an efficient and effective service to landlords, long leaseholders and tenants, including contractual and financial management. Dealing with enquiries from lessees relating to repairs, accounts and all aspects of property management.
- To carry out routine and emergency inspections of properties and prepare forward maintenance plans/capital expenditure plans (Capex).
- To produce annual estimates/budgets for feeding into annual and half-yearly service charge demands.
- To read, understand and apply the requirements of leases pertaining to Residential and where necessary Commercial Property Management, particularly in the identification and discharge of covenants as they apply to responsibilities for maintenance and repair.
- To administer Section 20 consultations for qualifying works and long term agreements,
- To tender for and appoint term contractors for routine maintenance e.g. cleaning, gardening, lifts, entry phone systems, etc.
- To liaise with Building Surveyors, both in-house and externally appointed.
- The Accounts Department in respect of financial matters
- The Insurance Department in respect of insurance matters.
- To develop and maintain a culture of good public relations and customer care.
- To attend meetings of lessees, including AGMs and Residents Association meetings (outside standard working hours when necessary).
- To act as line manager for the appointment and management of caretakers, both day and residential appointments.
- To provide information for preliminary enquiries made to Accounts Department.
- To respond to new business enquiries and to generate new business.
- To liaise closely with the Residential Lettings department to ensure efficient transfer of information regarding repairs and maintenance on all AST properties
- To deal promptly and efficiently with all repairs/maintenance issues reported by Landlords or Tenants and liaise with both parties as appropriate to reach a satisfactory conclusion.
- To maintain efficient and logical Works Order files on CFP and produce a works order of all jobs created.
- To be responsible for ensuring accurate Landlords Gas Safety Records are maintained and ensuring that safety checks are carried out on time.
- To ensure appropriate authority and Client instructions has been obtained in writing by the relevant client prior to instructing contractors.
- To check and approve works order invoices for payment.
- To deal only with contractors who have the appropriate insurance liability cover in place and ensure compliance with CDM processes in place within the department.
- To promote and maintain a professional and effective relationship with contractors.
- Liaise effectively with the scheme managers, caretakers and cleaners to ensure the smooth and efficient running of Estates.
- To oversee/appraise and review the progress of staff.
- To be responsible for income and expenditure of the department.
- To deal with complex and sensitive issues including complaints.
- To present up to date in- house reports when required.
- To develop the Property Management Department.
- Advertise for and interview new staff.
- Maintain and enhance office systems.
- To set a good example of high professional standards.
- To oversee/arrange relevant in house/out of house training.
- Wide level of experience and understanding of residential and mixed use property management, including block management and smaller units.
- High standard of professional ethics.
- A sound knowledge of various building construction forms and techniques for their repair and maintenance.
- A sound knowledge of the legislation framework pertaining to management, both current and past, including an understanding of the regulations and their application pertaining to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 (Amended); The Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (CLARA) and other relevant legislation.
- An ability to read, understand and apply relevant clauses within leases, particularly in respect of the various covenants pertaining to responsibilities for repair and maintenance
- An appreciation of Assured Shorthold Tenancies.
- Good public relation and communication skills, orally and written, good telephone manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, e.g. freeholders, lessees, contractors, etc.
- Possess good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office and Qube.
- Committed to providing a high standard of customer care.
- Be a team player.
WE ARE SHORTLISTING NOW FOR THIS RARELY AVAILABLE POSITION WITH THIS WELL ESTABLISHED FIRM - ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE DEALT WITH IN THE HIGHEST OF CONFIDENCE
Prima Ardelle Associates are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within the Code of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 only suitable applicants will be contacted.
- Estate Agents
- Property Management
- Property Managers
- BLOCK MANAGER
- BLOCK MANAGEMENT
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job