Job Title: Property Manager
Our client is currently looking for a professional and responsible individual to fill the role of Property Manager. The Property Manager will have the full responsibility of managing daily operations at assigned properties.
The role will suit an energetic, well organised person with experience in the property sector.
- Dealing with lessees' enquiries
- Administration for Property Fusion (Block Management) where required
- Copies of any paperwork sent out of the office to be kept on file.
- File notes must be made either on the paperwork or in the history log of every conversation with landlords, tenants and any other relevant party such as contractors
- Attending training courses when required
- General reception duties/transferring calls
- Dealing with Lessee's enquiries
- On completion of the property checks all notes and photos are to be logged against the right property and all follow ups entered into Outlook. All maintenance issues are to be actioned and relevant people liaised with. These works order will be yours to follow up and ensure they are completed within 4 weeks of the inspection.
- Notes are made on CFP (property software) and a letter/email is written to landlord within 48 hours of the property check to report the results of the check. A date three months forward is put into CFP.
L&D MAINTENANCE ENQUIRIES
- All maintenance enquiries (plumbing, electrical, boiler failure, appliance failure, fencing repairs, lock failure, cleaning and garden maintenance and redecoration etc) are to be recorded in written form.
- If the property is on a find a tenant only basis, the landlord's information (ie name and contact telephone numbers) should be given to the tenants to deal with.
- To ensure the maintenance enquiry is dealt with promptly and efficiently, as much information concerning the fault/repair should be taken from the caller. This should include tenant's name and daytime contact telephone numbers, property address and full details of the problem being reported. For appliance breakdowns, the make and, if possible, model number of the appliance should be taken.
- Check on CFP/file what instructions we have from the landlords.
- Contact the relevant contractor, giving them all the details of the tenants and fault reported. Ring, email or write to the tenants advising them what has been arranged.
- Obtaining three quotes for works relating to PF & L&D.
- Contact the landlords to advise them of the reported maintenance problem and what action has been taken.(Please note that some landlords want to be advised on the first instance and give L&D the appropriate instructions on who to instruct etc).
- All invoices from contractors are to be authorised by the MD/Senior negotiator, photocopied and clipped to the original paperwork and filed away. The invoice is then given to the Accounts Department for payment. A courtesy letter, email or call to the landlord advising them that the works have been completed (with photos where appropriate) and the costs is then made.
- Overseeing admin in arranging gas safety inspections.
- Weekly meetings with senior negotiator.
- Three monthly property checks on all managed properties. A visit to the property to include completing a maintenance checklist, reporting any noted issues to landlord and saving all information to the system.
- Managing a mixed portfolio of commercial and residential blocks.
- Ensuring all properties are compliant in relation to H&S and common way electrical testing.
- Keep up to date with legislation and demonstrate an awareness of approaching changes and major case law. Pre-empt legislative issues which may affect the properties under your control ensuring that team members share the knowledge
- Be able to read and understand leases from many perspectives and foresee likely issues arising from individual leases. Ensure any direct reports understand a lease, coaching and mentoring where necessary
- Day to Day Management of Property Portfolio, proactively develop service levels across the portfolio to exceed client expectations, advising client of management set-up
- Respond to all correspondence within a suitable time period
- Ensure that team members demonstrate and apply an understanding of all the agreements in place including legislation and codes of practice
- You should regularly visit the properties in your portfolio and to carry out a thorough site inspection on each visit
- Follow up all visits with a site inspection report
- Ensure only approved contractors are instructed. Regularly monitor service delivery of contractors.
- Attend weekly meetings with Head of Block Management.
- Ensure that accurate and timely records are kept i.e. work orders, visit reports, holiday notes etc.
- To monitor expenditure and consult under the Section 20 process for any major planned expenditure
- Chasing of aged arrears
- Dealing with service charge budgets.
HAWKER PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
- Arranging for works to be carried out by our contractors
- Sourcing materials when necessary
- Diary management alongside Dan
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good communication skills
- Be able to communicate with all relevant parties in an understandable and business-like manner
- Problem solving/creativity
- Decision making skills
- Leadership skills
- Customer service skills
- Current Driving License
For more information please contact Stacey Croucher at Clearline Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'