We manage a fast expanding portfolio of properties throughout England.
We value our staff; they’re undoubtedly our biggest asset. We know that, without them, we wouldn't be where we are today.
We’re currently looking for a Service Charge Accountant to join a well-established team in South Tottenham.
Service Charge Accounts requires a combination of accounting expertise, customer service skills and client reporting. It’s a role within the Block Management sector that’s made for an organised upholder of high standards.
We are looking for a dynamic experienced person who is self-motivated, looking for stability and a career with a forward thinking company. This role will combine working on Service Charge Budgets, year-end accounts and general company accounting and credit control, alongside Block Managers and the Senior Management.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Require a strong background in Leasehold Property Accounting
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Require the ability to pick up on new duties quickly and to work within tight deadlines through the year
- Have a can-do attitude as well as strong communication and customer service skills.
- Be enthusiastic and eager to get involved, lead from the front and must take ownership and responsibility.
- Liaising with accounts team to ensure that year end accounts, budgets and relevant covering letters and demands are issued in a timely manner
- Support the company’s financial section
- Co-ordinate all legal proceedings for ground rent/service charge arrears.
- Preparing quarterly landlord statement for ground rent/ service charges.
- Monitor expenditure to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover all necessary repairs/works.
- Handling telephone calls and taking detailed messages in addition to dealing with them in an appropriate manner.
- Conversant with Section 20 legislation
- Check, code and input invoices.
- Organising and managing keys
- General filing and administration
- The job role will be a mixture of set tasks and small new challenges.
- A good understanding of Block Property Management and current legislation
- Must have block management experience
- Well-developed interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to put the client first
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good written and numerical skills
- Proficient in using standard Microsoft office packages inclusive of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Valid UK driving license.
Salary and Additional Information:
In return for your commitment, we offer an attractive and competitive salary.
We are committed to the professional advancement and welfare of our workforce
If you’re looking for the next step in your Service Charge career and tick all of the above boxes, then, please get in touch, we’d love to talk!
- Customer Service
- Forward Thinking
- Microsoft Office