Bioscience Lab Technician
£21,000 plus benefits
My client is a successful global company that provides a variety of on-site Laboratory Services to major pharmaceutical companies. As a result of continued growth and success, they now have an exciting new opportunity at a respected biopharmaceutical research lab for a lab technician supporting their drug development programmes. This role is for someone with a biological science background wanting a broad support lab role.
This company offers a wonderful opportunity for development and career progression. They seek communicative, enthusiastic and capable scientists and technicians for their roles and reward their employees with a handsome salary and benefits and a varied and valuable working experience.
Joining a small team in the aseptic bioscience labs where they perform tissue culture, SDS-Page and western blotting, you will be responsible for a range of general laboratory support duties to this group including:
- Aliquotting of reagents
- Stock replenishment
- Lab housekeeping
- Waste removal
- Cleaning of equipment
To apply it would be desirable to be in possession of an NVQ level 3 in Laboratory Operations or a Biological sciences degree.
Lab experience as a lab technician or in a support role is desirable, particularly from a lab environment related to tissue culture, molecular biology or environment with aseptic processes. You should also demonstrate the following attributes.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and willing to learn
- High level of attention to detail
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Proven excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Good problem solving capabilities and confidence to react promptly to deliver the best service possible
- Good time management skills, ability to be flexible and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Apply Today! Or for more information please contact Sophia at Consult Search and Selection.
- Aseptic Technique
- Lab Technician
- Drug discovery