Biomedical Scientist - microbiology
Our highly motivated and talented Pathology team will appreciate your 'can do' attitude as you deliver quality pathology services. You'll enjoy a varied range of responsibilities - from performing biomedical diagnostic testing, interpretation and reporting, through to quality control and keeping records of specimens, results, reagents and consumables. What's more, you'll help us to validate and assess new equipment and develop new diagnostic procedures, as part of our on-going quest to deliver the very best experience possible for patients.
- Registered with the HPC as a biomedical scientist or equivalent with 3- 5 years of experience.
- Experience in Virology is essential
- Qualification applicable to the HPC registration requirements
- To perform diagnostic testing, interpretation and reporting in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- To inform senior staff of any unusual results identified.
- To perform defined quality control procedures and monitor their effectiveness, advising senior staff of any issues.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all specimens received and results obtained.
- Maintain records of reagents and consumables and inform senior staff of any issues.
- Maintain clean and disinfected working areas and equipment.
- Carry out daily maintenance of equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and inform senior staff of any issues.
- Effectively contributes to the monitoring and maintenance of equipment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- HCPC registered
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'