Biomechanics Test Engineer
PEGlobal are looking for a Biomechanics Test Engineer for an initial 11 month contract for their multinational medical devices client based in West Yorkshire.
• Conduct new product development and research testing work, duties include but not limited to: liaising and understanding requirements of work requests from Bio-engineers, translation of requests into practical in vitro tests, planning and execution of tests, analysis of data, completion of formal reporting and discussion with customers during and post activity to assess requirements for additional work.
• Advanced skills in report writing, Statistics and programming.
• Team working
-Assist other Test Engineers as and when required on a variety of projects
-Help other Test Engineers in the lab to perform testing if necessary
-Set up of test assemblies
- Contribute to departmental initiatives and meetings (within laboratory and wider R+D)
• Testing with scientific rigur, analysis of data, interpretation of results, recommendation of future test methods, report compilation
• Participate in the development, component specification, building and validation of equipment employing electronics (such as instruments including transducer, controllers and triggers applied to test machines)
• Maintain laboratory inspection/test equipment by ensuring that equipment is serviceable, including but not limited to actively working or organizing subcontractors as required, ensuring calibration to schedule, servicing and maintenance, breakdown repairs
• New equipment and facilities: Assist with Capital Expenditure (CapEx) justification, including defining the specification and introduction to the laboratory area, examples include but are not limited to Critical systems change form, internal Qualification, calibration, risk assessment, staff training and developing work instructions
• Design and facilitate manufacture of one off fixtures to support the lab activities as required utilizing CAD. Maintain register and storage of fixtures.
• Develop a mechanism for planning and recording machine usage including all activities of work tasks, calibration and maintenance.
Desired Experience and Skillset of the successful candidate
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience is required.
- Experience in analytical testing is desired.
- Experience working with multiple international customers is a bonus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and think laterally to improve upon the range of testing offered would be a bonus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Presentation skills, written and oral
- Report writing
- Independent working
- A team player with the ability to complete tasks through interaction with team members.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job