Are you a passionate Biology teacher who can pass this enthusiasm onto a new generation?
Are you familiar with the general science curriculum up to A level?
If you would like to join a superb school science department, then please read on and consider an application to Randstad Education!
On behalf of our client school we are currently seeking a science teacher for a temporary opportunity at a school in Conwy, full-time starting in March 2021. This is a full year contract and involves teaching Biology across Key Stages 3-5.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a fantastic department with dedicated leadership!
- A school with a community environment and a friendly, supportive department
- A dedicated professional and friendly consultant to support you and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Access to Randstad's benefits package including discounted cinema and holiday vouchers, high street discounts and more
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding, prevent duty, and 'Team Teach'
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area of Science, enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum across Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular activities such as clubs, social events and outings
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school
As the successful Teacher of Science you will have:
- A strong knowledge of the science curriculum at KS3 and KS4
- A recognised teaching qualification (such as BA QTS, PGCE etc)
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- A strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- The motivation to achieve and add value to the school
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Chester and North Wales, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools that would be more suited. Roles vary from temporary, permanent, short or long-term and full or part-time, which may be a better match. . Please email your CV to today; I look forward to hearing from you!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'