Bioinformatician - leading company in Scotland. Biological data analysis & project management, NGS, statistics
Your new company
Is a successful and growing bioinformatics company looking to add several new bioinformaticians to their team at all levels. The company is based in the Central Belt areas of Scotland and has grown significantly over the last couple of years.
Your new role
You will be working closely with bioinformatics team members, as well as with clients, to analyse large scale complex data sets from biological / healthcare sources, taking responsibility on multiple projects across areas as varied as microbiome work, plant genomics and patient/human biological data.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Data analysis, especially of NGS and wider genomic data sets, eg WGS or RNA-Seq, proteomic or metabolomics data;
- Liaising with stakeholders, collaborating partners and customers;
- Hands-on pipeline development and optimisation for genomic data analysis;
- Programming in R and/or Python;
- Data interpretation; and
- Working across multiple concurrent projects.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as excellent communication, problem solving and team-working skills, you should have:
- A BSc / MSc (or equivalent) in statistics, mathematics, bioinformatics, computer science or life sciences, with higher degrees (eg PhD) preferred;
- A track record of statistical analysis of data sets, ideally with pharmaceutical, healthcare or biological data, eg NGS, WGS, Exome, genome, proteome, metabolome, microbiome or transcriptome;
- Good hands-on programming skills, ideally with R, although skills with languages such as Python, Perl, Matlab, C/C++ or Java would also be useful;
- Experience with NGS or other genomic analysis work, eg Exome, RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq or similar
- A track record of working with databases, ideally biological, and using languages such as SQL to write queries; and
- Data visualisation and analysis.
Experience of analysing disease data, eg cancer / oncology, or working within a core facility would be an advantage but candidates without this experience are encouraged to apply.
What you'll get in return
The chance to work on a variety of innovative bioinformatics projects for genomic (NGS), proteomic and other biological analysis.
You'll also have excellent development and progression opportunities, and a great corporate atmosphere.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career, as there are multiple statistical, data science and bioinformatics positions available at companies across the UK and Ireland.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'