Role : Biochemistry Technician
Duration : 9 Month FTC
Shifts : Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Location : BPL, Dagger Lane, Elstree, WD63BX
Benefits : 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance, bonus, free parking
Start Date : As soon as possible
BPL is based in Borehamwood, the enclosed secure campus is surrounded in natural beauty, greenery, lakes and wildlife. A truly wonderful working environment, along with an extremely supportive team.
Working within a niche sector within the pharmaceutical industry, this opportunity will give the successful candidate a chance to develop themselves and learn new skills that could see them enjoy a highly successful career within a regulated pharmaceutical environment.
Job Purpose :
- To contribute to the biochemical service provided by the section, through competently testing samples in accordance with the laboratory's Standard Operating Procedures, Policies and the principles of GMP.
- Where applicable, to perform testing in accordance with the principles of GLP, in support of and where required by, GLP studies.
- To deliver and support on the job training, perform supervisory, developmental, investigative and validation work as directed by the Control Laboratory Manager, Section Manager or Method Development Specialist.
Ky Duties :
- To perform and maintain in satisfactory operation a wide variety of biochemical tests and procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- To support the creation of buffers, callibration
- To report results using defined documentation systems.
- To clean, calibrate and maintain equipment and prepare and maintain reagents, standards or control samples and contribute to general laboratory housekeeping duties.
- To promptly report and investigate any deviations from expected results or documented procedures.
- To monitor and maintain routine test procedures to ensure consistency of results and adherence to compliance requirements at all times.
- To operate a variety of analytical instrumentation and sophisticated computer software packages intended for data analysis, collation and other related applications (e.g. LIMS). To assist in routine data collection and analysis including, for example, statistical process control.
- To initiate and perform documentation preparation, revision, review and administration activities. To also help identify the need for new procedures and assist with their introduction.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that batch progression targets are met on a day to day basis, and for identifying to the Manager / Deputy, areas of difficulty or potential delays.
- To assist the Manager in preparing monthly reports and review of results and data trends.
- To assist with the evaluation, development and validation of novel techniques. This will involve the design and execution of validation studies and the preparation of validation protocols and reports.
- To assist with the development and validation of laboratory equipment and automated systems.
- To assist with investigations into abnormal test performance or manufacturing abnormalities, providing input to such working groups as necessary and advising on corrective/preventative actions.
- As directed by the Section Manager, to attend meetings with senior staff from other departments, such as Production or R&D, to carry out periodic review of operations or process problems. To make presentations as required.
Skills and expereince required
- A high level degree in a science based subject
- Graduate with mid - high level lab experience would be highly considered
- Strong in team support
- GMP experience would be desirable
- Work and prioritise in a timely manner
Please call the team on for more information
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job