Bills of Materials Administrator
A fast-paced industrial engineering developer and manufacturer in Milton Keynes seek an experienced Bill of Materials Administrator. You will join an existing BOM team to compile BOM’s via an MRP system for complex sub-assemblies and innovative industrial technologies utilising schematics to do so.
SALARY: £25,000-£30,000 dependant on your experience BENEFITS: 3% pension, Private medical
LOCATION: Milton Keynes, BuckinghamshireCOMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Dunstable, Bedford, Aylesbury, Northampton, Towcester, Banbury
* The Bill of Materials Administrator will interpret Engineered Bills of Materials (BOM’s) into documents which are suitable for Manufacturing and Materials planning
* Ensure that all parts which are contained in the BOM are correctly set up and structured using the ERP/MRP systems
* Monitor the requirements of their Master Production Scheduler to ensure that all demand has a relevant BOM to support it
* Create BOMs as dictated by the production planners too
* Analyse already created BOMs to ensure that all required components and processes exist in the MRP system
* Liaise with the relevant project engineering teams to ensure that the created BOMs do reflect accurately what is required prior to the MRP being run or refreshed
* Receive Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) and interpret relevant data to update BOM’s with respect to added or deleted items, quantity changes, corrections and effective dates
REQUIREMENTS - Bill of Materials Administrator
* To be fantastic in this role you will have an in-depth knowledge of the overall Bill of Materials structure for the planning and manufacturing of complex sub-assemblies from any vertical market
* Successfully worked in a similar role to that of a BOM Administrator for a precision engineered product manufacturer or an industrial manufacturer of special purpose machinery
* Be able to work to tight time-scales in an ever-changing fast paced environment
* Can prioritise and manage multiple tasks in a calm, flexible and professional manner
* Experience of working with an ERP / MRP operating system i.e. SAGE 200 Manufacturing
* Be I.T Literate in Microsoft Office
* Be numerical and logical in your approach to work with good attention to detail
* Occasional travel to customers sites if needed
* Carry out any other duties than expected of your role as a BOM AdministratorIf you have particular experience as a BOM Administrator of indented or flat BOM’s and can recognise components from part numbering, drawings and descriptions then I would really like to speak to you.
THE COMPANY - Bill of Materials Administrator
A fast-paced Industrial Manufacturer, who also work on an external consultancy basis to produce bespoke prototypes and complex sub-assemblies for their customers. There is so much variety and exposure in this role that I guarantee you will not get bored!
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: BOM, Bill of Materials, Engineering Administrator, Industrial, Automotive, Aerospace, Motorsport, assembly, assemblies, SAP, SAGE, components, PCB’s, administrator, administration, coordinator, ECN’s, production, manufacturing, planning, ERP, Sage, MRP, Industrial, schematics, kits, sub-assemblies, BOM engineer, BOM Coordinator, BOM Administrator, parts administrator, change.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Bill of Materials Administrator to DD: +44 (0) Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) . Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"