This is a newly created role within our finance function. Currently most of our invoicing is carried out by our Client Success team but in order to make the whole process more standardised we want to migrate this work into the finance team. The Billing Manager would own both the project to migrate the work and the process going forward.
- To lead the project to transition all client billing currently performed across the business into the finance team
- To fully understand the different billing systems and processes, to identify improvements and implement efficiencies.
- Liaise closely with the Product Team to ensure new products/platforms are built with a robust and scalable billing process.
- Maintain close relationships with the client managers to ensure complete understanding of client billing requirements, helping the client managers to understand the requirements for accurate billing.
- Actively raise the billing each month (approx. 10,000 pa) ensuring VAT rules are adhered to, that strict deadlines are met to protect the cash flow of the business.
- Work closely with the credit controllers to better understand client queries and identify ways to reduce them.
- To provide monthly statistics and report results.
- Proactively review and work within company policies, SOX controls, standard operating procedures, company and legislative updates to ensure you are working in line with best practice and business risk is minimised
- Recruit, manage and develop a billing assistant
- Display positive examples of the company Beliefs (Real, Accountable, One Team and Innovative) at all times
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to change behaviour across a complex business - experience of liaising with clients would be advantageous.
- Extensive experience of raising client billing in a timely and accurate manner, working to tight deadlines in a busy finance team.
- Able to lead a project confidently and manage, organise and assimilate a vast amount of data.
- Good knowledge of excel - intermediate level would be beneficial
- Strong attention to detail and motivated to ensure accuracy of own work
- Whilst qualifications aren't essential, AAT would most definitely help with the successful candidate's understanding
Grass Roots is an incentive company with a wide range of rewards and benefits for employees and customers. We work with organisations of all sizes, including some of the world's biggest brands.
Our products and solutions (many of them exclusive) enable businesses to connect with new customers, grow their market share, and enhance customer loyalty. ?We also help companies to become great places to work, with enviable employee benefits and innovative reward and recognition initiatives that change behaviours and generate results. Everything we do is about driving business performance, making things easy and delivering value.
Founded in 1980 in the UK, the Grass Roots Group became part of Blackhawk Network in October 2016.
We have over 20 benefits for our employees to take advantage of, over and above our industry benchmarked salaries and these include:-
Life Insurance, Pension, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay. You get 25 days holiday on commencement of employment and you can buy up to 5 extra days a year. We also offer 3 additional days if you are getting married and you can support the charity of your choice with 2 volunteer days.
We offer private medical insurance, employee assistance programmes and there is an onsite gym at our new offices in Apsley.
Through our products you can save money on your childcare, your bikes, cinema tickets, dining out, days out and your weekly shopping.