Our client is a large marketing company based in the West End of London who are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their busy but friendly team. The ideal candidate would have studied a relevant degree at university and be looking to study towards the CIMA/ACCA qualification. This is a fast-paced role and requires an individual who has the drive and energy to achieve our deadlines. The successful candidate will be provided with full study support.
The ideal candidate would have experience within the advertising/media sector and able to articulate financial information clearly to non-financial individuals.
The role will report to the Finance Manager.
- Timely invoicing to clients as requested by account teams.
- Prepare journals, income transfers, WIP transfers of costs from job to job
- Assist in revenue recognition, accruals, deferrals, revenue variance analysis on a monthly basis
- Attend weekly revenue meetings
- WIP meetings 3 of the 4 weeks each month – held with the account teams/producers, follow up with WIP minutes
- Produce a WIP Aging Report on a Weekly basis for review with Finance Manager.
- Understanding of client contracts, to ensure expenses are billed in accordance with the contract
- Foreign currency hedging on invoicing when appropriate in line with company policies
- Monthly receivables review with credit control and resolution and direction to ensure funds are collected.
- Assistance during client audits / FMC / external audit
- Billable PO Analysis – review Billable POs and query with account teams & suppliers if necessary.
- Opening & Closing of Jobs once account teams & FM’s have confirmed okay to do so.
- Prepare month end schedules for HFM pack and WIP month end binder
- Ad Hoc as instructed by the Finance Manager
The candidate is part of a team responsible for maintaining the full financial integrity of the accounting ledgers so needs to be flexible & may get involved in any aspect of finance.
- SAP for General Ledger accounting
- HFM/HFM Smartview
- Extensive use of Excel
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Full Study Support
- Private Medical Insurance (up to single cover)
- Permanent Health Insurance (long term sickness insurance if an employee is off work over 26 weeks continuously following insurers medical assessment)
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Pension (employer contributes 1% and then increases to 5% of salary after one years’ continuous service if your contributions increase to 3%)