On offer: a challenging position working as a billing operations analyst/credit researcher in a forward-thinking team in a global high technology company based in the City. We are looking for a bright graduate with a naturally analytical approach able to grasp how a billing system contributes to the wider success of a company and its good relations with distribution partners.
This is not a dull or static set up - this is a progressive company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide operating a range of billing systems, including industry-standard applications such as CSG’s Singleview and InterconnecT, SAP, in addition to bespoke applications. The systems are mostly Oracle-based.
Your primary challenge is to progressively take ownership of dispute management on one of these billing systems. As a natural problem solver and starter-finisher, you will manage received credit requests, process all relevant data and summarise complex credit calculations for senior management to advise on. As time goes on, you will progressively gain experience across a range of billing systems, allowing you to develop skills in other areas, such as billing package configuration or billing operations month-end related tasks.
Character is all. Whilst an aptitude for working with systems and complex data is required, you’ll also need to be a strong, proactive communicator able to reach out to senior stakeholders to gather and chase information.
In short, this is a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate to sharpen his/her financial and analytical skills in joining a global leader within the telecommunications industry.
- Ideally a recent graduate with a strong grasp of systems, mathematics, computer science etc.
- Good standard of numeracy and an aptitude for working with structured and volume-based data in an analytic way.
- Ability to work in an environment where every solution is not always at hand using your initiative to improve procedures.
- Reasonable working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Experience of SQL will help.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with other members of the billing team and with external contacts as required.
- Reasonable understanding or appreciation of high-transaction volume business systems.
- Experience in a similar role in a mobile/telecommunications operator.
- Experience of system analysis or testing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job