Our client based in Stroud is looking for billing assistants to join their expanding team. It's a great opportunity to develop some office based experience The company is non-for profit and offers great benefits for staff members.
You will be working within our very busy Billing Team, with the main objective of the position being to help ensure all customer accounts are billed accurately in a timely manner.
The Billing and Business Service Department handles all the domestic billing, business billing and business customer service functions for the company’s Retail Operation in respect of the supply of electricity and gas.
Skill Set Required
- Attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy, accuracy and problem solving ability
- Verbal and written communication Skills
- Intermediate level of computer literacy with experience of Microsoft Office
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Report writing and monitoring ability
- Common Sense
- Experience of SAP IS-U and AFMS would be beneficial
What you will do
- Help to bill all customers in a timely and accurate manner
- Resolve exceptions created by inter-system interfaces
- Maintaining customer data held within main billing system
- Help to facilitate the printing, packing and posting of daily bills
- Help to ensure customers have up to date and correct meter readings
- Review payment schemes for relevant customers
- Resolve external and internal customer originated queries in given time-scales
- Investigate and resolve reasons for accounts being unbilled
- Collective account billing and management
- Half Hourly account billing
- Using SAP and AFMS to maintain customers’ accounts
- Provide assistance to other departments for billing related matters
- To complete any other reporting or monitoring of workload as requested
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by Team Leader, Manager or Head of Department
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Some Utility Industry knowledge would be beneficial
- Good level knowledge of SAP and AFMS or similar CRM and Billing software package
- Experience of structure and usage of sales ledger
- Ideally educated to A-level standard, or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English (above C) essential, or equivalent
- Accountancy/Financial background
- Manages relationships effectively both internally and externally
- Influences outcomes by using effective negotiation
- Treats customers the way we like to be treated ourselves
- Solutions focused and resourceful
- Committed to continual improvement
- Engaging and motivating attitude and style
- Methodical and organised, managing own work
- Is receptive to feedback and acts accordingly
- Exceptional team player who builds open and supportive relationships
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Creative and innovative
The fast moving nature of the company’s business means that from time to time you may be asked to perform roles outside your original job description on an ad hoc basis. This allows the company to utilise its people in the best possible way at all times and helps employees to make their contribution in a changing environment.
For immediate consideration send your CV to Fran at i2i Recruitment today!
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasise any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days’, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
i2i Recruitment Ltd is a leading independent employment agency providing staffing solutions across specialist areas. We are a corporate member of the REC and are dedicated to provide a professional quality of service to clients and candidates alike.
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job