My client are a highly reputable and respected Law Firm based in Central London. Due to organic growth in the Trademark departments my client is keen to appoint a progressive Finance Assistant to join my clients Billing team on a part time basis 4 days a week.
Your new company
You will be working for one of the UK's most reputable employers, with awards for staff satisfaction and being a top business for working parents! With modern City Centre offices, and a large finance team which can offer clear progression, this is a real employer of choice!
Your new role
In this new job you'll be part of a busy team who work closely with the partners and clients to ensure the invoicing and compliance processes are followed to each individual clients needs. You'll run regular reports on yours and the teams workload, resolving ledger queries and assisting credit control in building strong relationships with clients to improve timely cash-flow into the business.
* Managing the billing process in conjunction with the Accounts team and members of the Brands Team.
* Liaising with each of the Partners / Associates to ensure all invoices are produced accurately and on time in accordance with the billing timetable.
* Liaising with the PAs to ensure invoices are distributed to clients in a timely manner.
* Ensuring all invoices are coded, distributed and filed correctly.
* Dealing with internal queries and working in conjunction with the relevant individuals in the firm to ensure issues are dealt with promptly.
* Working in conjunction with the PAs to manage external client queries and ensuring that these are dealt with professionally and efficiently.
* Filing of all billing-related documentation in accordance with the firm's internal process.
* Dealing with any ad-hoc requests received from the Brands Team or Accounts Department.
* Liaising directly with the fee earners to understand the individual needs of clients and any impact this may have on the billing process.
* Ensuring that knowledge of the firm's internal systems and processes that relate to billing is kept up-to-date and applied accordingly.
* Providing ad-hoc support to the Partners and fee earners on other matter management-related tasks as and when required.
* Providing ad-hoc support to the PAs / providing basic cover as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
* Five GCSE (including Maths and English) at level C or above.
* Good mathematical skills (candidates must be comfortable working with numbers).
* Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Comfortable working with different systems.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Excellent organisational skills.
* Ability to effectively manage own workload.
* Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders.
* Resilient and calm under pressure.
* Adaptable and flexible approach.
* Pro-active and takes initiative, with a 'can-do' attitude.
What you'll get in return
My client can offer you a progressive and varied role, working for a rapidly growing team. Paying up-to £25,000, along with some exceptional benefits, this is a business which really gives back to their employees!
Douglas Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job