From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Billing Analyst is responsible for participating in, and helping to develop various UK Retail gas business streams which consist of:
- Provide billing services for Gazprom Energy’s power customers.
- Production of timely accurate bills for all types of UK power customers.
- Work closely with customer service and other departments to have accurate industry & customer data
- Maintain and develop high levels of customer service, assisting with billing queries.
- Supporting reporting needs
- Supporting with regulatory changes
Duties & Responsibilities
The service we provide our customers is a key differentiator between ourselves and our competitors making this a vital role offering a significant contribution to the success of the business by ensuring:
- All customers receive best in class billing service
- Change is implemented which adds value, improves efficiency and better satisfies our customer’s needs leading to increased retention rates, increases to our NPS and a stronger brand.
This result will be achieved by helping to support a strong customer focused department who deliver exceptional customer service across the business, creating strategies and implementing processes that allow our existing businesses to continue to grow whilst developing into new business areas which are in line with the Gazprom Energy and Gazprom Marketing & Trading strategic company goals.
The ability to understand and work with people within the above business areas is imperative as the post holder will be involved in ensuring that the strategies deployed result in the successful achievement of Retail targets and ensure that we are seen as the market leader.
Key responsibilities in support of this goal will include:
- Carrying out the day to day operations of the department to deliver best in class customer service & billing, ensuring that work is performed in a timely manner, there are no back logs (e.g. unbilled customers) and customers are responded to promptly.
- Assisting with reporting needs as determined by the Billing Supervisor.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with both internal and external customers that ensure the efficient running of the team
- Contributing to developing our processes and IT systems, to ensure we can manage growth and deliver service to industry partners and internal and external customers
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel to an above-competent level
- Desirable - Demonstrable power industry knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal customer service and communication skills
- Able to multi task, prioritise and work to deadlines
- Ability to work accurately with good attention to detail
Experience of dealing with high-level customer queries
Desirable - Experience of working in a billing operations team
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job