French or German speaking Customer Service Specialist/Travel Advisor
Location: Derby - DE24 8HR
Salary: £18k - £24kDOE - dependent upon experience plus a bonus scheme based on Company Net Profit
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
At Rayburn Tours, inspiring young minds and creating unforgettable experiences is at the heart of what we do.
Group travel specialists since 1965, we are an independent, family-run business based in Derby. Our ever-growing team of over 100 employees is dedicated to creating tailor-made, international trips for over 23,000 passengers each year. Specialising in educational trips, ski trips and sports tours for schools, as well as concert tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek adventure, embrace other cultures and learn new skills.
Our sister company, Venture Abroad, offers activity holidays for uniformed youth groups (such as Guides and Scouts) and works closely with the Trefoil Guild to provide an event management service for their Annual Meeting.
We organise a comprehensive package which is comprised of travel arrangements, accommodation, excursions, full itinerary planning and insurance, as well as a multitude of tour-specific extras including organising venues and publicity for concert tours, fixtures for sports tours and study handbooks (linked to the National Curriculum) across a wide variety of subjects for educational tours.
OUR VALUES & ETHOS
The Company operates within a culture of good family values, integrity and honesty. We value and strive to maintain fair and ethical dealings with our customers and understand and respect the faith they place in our organisation. Their satisfaction is our financial and motivational reward. The business has a clear purpose to expand its influence on more young people. It will achieve this by continual product development, improved customer communication and marketing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a French or German speaking Customer Service Specialist/Travel Advisor to join our Ski & Sports Tours Department as a 'Tour Co-ordinator’. The role is ideally suited to those with exceptional attention to detail due to the bias towards administration and process-driven responsibilities.
After initial training, the successful candidate will be responsible for organising ski and sports tours to a variety of destinations.
The main duties include:
• Liaising with clients via telephone, e-mail or in person to advise them of the best solutions to their tour requirements
• Compiling itineraries
• Booking flights, accommodation, fixtures and excursions
• Liaising with suppliers
• Carrying out occasional visits/presentations to the Party Leader and/or group; these may include face-to-face meetings and parents’ evenings.
• Undertaking destination and accommodation inspections where appropriate
• Assisting in product development if required
• Occasionally accompanying groups on tour
There are fluctuations to the pattern of tours that we sell and operate and, consequently, there will be peak periods throughout the year when additional hours may need to be worked in order to complete the workload. We also operate an out-of-hours emergency telephone which is covered by staff on a rotational basis during the periods that our groups are on tour. All Tour Co-ordinators take part in the Emergency Phone Rota, however, you are not be expected to have responsibility of this until full training has been completed.
There will be opportunities to travel to the destinations that we offer through inspection visits and familiarisation trips as well as accompanying groups as a courier or observer.
The start date is immediate and is therefore dependent upon the successful candidate’s notice period.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Essential Skills & Experience
• Fluency in French or German
• Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Financial and commercial awareness
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
• Event planning / project management experience
• Knowledge of the travel industry
• An interest in travel
• An interest in skiing and/or sport
• A driving licence
• A bonus scheme based on Company Net Profit
• 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
• Contributory pension scheme
• Cycle to Work and Healthcare Cashback schemes
• Flexible Working Programme
We need copy of your CV along with a covering letter stating:
• Your current role and salary
• Where you saw this vacancy advertised
• Why you are a suitable candidate for this position
- Customer Services
- Bilingual Customer Service Advisor
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'