My Client is a multinational financial services provider, where data and technology take centre stage in delivering market-leading products. My Client have the largest insurance telematics fleet in the UK and are looking for someone to help turn a rich data source into significant insight for the business and it’s customers.
As a Telematics Data Scientist, you will have a passion for data science and will be eager to drive forward the use of machine learning and advanced analytics. The role of the data science team is to define the required frequency of the data collected, identify the key features through map matching and feature engineering, and finally to use state of the art big data techniques to interpret the data and provide insights to the business and customers.
Learning and development is a central part of my client’s success. You will be provided with a large number of opportunities for personal development, including on-the-job technical training in new technologies and up-to-date methods for advanced analytics. You will work in a collaborative environment alongside talented Data Scientists, where no one will ever say “No” to a good idea.
- Be an advocate for advanced analytics and drive forward the use of machine learning by identifying new opportunities to develop and apply advanced analytical techniques
- Remain up to date with trends and developments in technology and methods in the data science community.
- Develop, analyse and oversee the implementation of advanced statistical and machine learning models.
- Creation of meaningful datasets for modelling and analysis from a vast quantity of data in multiple formats.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and Senior Managers to understand and solve problems by asking the right questions and delivering appropriate solutions.
You will be an inquisitive and focussed individual, keen to make an impact using innovative analytic methods. You must have experience in big data, machine learning and be ready to expand your skills as the field progresses. You should be comfortable in a culture where decision making is evidenced-based and reliant on rigorous analysis.
You are self-motivated and able to work independently, able to work well in a team and capable of delivering to agreed timelines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Desirable skills and experience
- 2+ years’ experience working in Data Science or a relevant field.
- 2+ years’ experience working with telematics (or similar device) data including the use of map matching and contextualised feature engineering
- Proficient in relevant tools such as R, Python, SparkML, GIS, SAS, etc.
- Commercial experience using supervised learning techniques such as decision trees, GLMs, random forests or gradient boosted ensembles.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or another technical field.
- Adept in the extraction of both structured and unstructured data from multiple sources
- Exceptional numerical ability and creative thinker / problem solver
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences and a desire to work within a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
- Receptive to new ideas and opportunities to innovate.
What you’ll get in return
- Salary - £45,000 - £80,000 DOE
- Gym Membership
- Product Discounts
- Life Assurance
- And so much more….
If this role would be of interest, please press apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job