BIG DATA ENGINEER
Big Data Engineer - Retail Industry
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
€65,000 - €75,000 + benefits
This is a chance to work at one of the largest retail companies in the Netherlands as a Big Data Engineer. You will be part of a rapidly-growing Data & Analytics team and play a vital role in the collection, storage, processing and analysis of huge sets of complex data.
This company is one of the biggest companies in the retail industry within the Netherlands. While not having international presence, the Data & Analytics team consists of team members from across the globe. The company strives to continuously improve the way they serve their customers and use the newest technologies to achieve this. With a company culture that can be described as ambitious and empowering, this is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career as a Big Data Engineer.
As a Big Data Engineer, you will focus on the back-end development of complex data sets and participate in various short- and long-term projects.
In more detail, the role involves:
- Developing and maintaining the Big Data platform
- Working with various (cloud based) systems and tools, including Hadoop, Python and AWS
- Working closely together with Data Scientist and Data Engineers across the business
- Taking ownership of various complex projects resulting in business improvement
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful Big Data Engineer will need:
- Advanced experience with Hadoop and Python and with cloud-based systems like AWS within a commercial environment
- Strong experience with various programming languages like R or Java
- Educated to a degree level in a numeric field, e.g. Computer Science
- Fluent in English
On top the basic salary, you will get an excellent benefits package, including:
- Holiday allowance
- End-of-year bonus
- Working from home
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Dorien Marijs via the Apply link on this page.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'