Big Data Engineer – Hadoop, Cloudera, MapReduce, Java, Python, Scala
A Big Data Engineer / Hadoop Engineer is required to join a global financial firm based in Manchester.
Salary: £40,000 - £70,000 d.o.e
My client is looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer to come and join their close-knit team in the heart of Manchester.
You will be a vital member from day one and will be generously rewarded for your hard work.
They are looking for someone with a passion for Big Data, a strong expertise of the Hadoop ecosystem and world-class programming skills in Java, Python or Scala. You must have strong experience in at least 3 of the following MapReduce, Hortonworks, Cloudera, Spark, Kafka, Java, Python, Scala, Hive, Pig, HDFS, Storm, HBase, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, GCP.
Key skills required:
- Hadoop Eco-System
- Experience delivering projects
- Being able to produce excellent code and solutions.
- BSc minimum, or equivalent commercial experience
- Analytical & detail oriented
- Strong team player
- Experience of Agile including Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD.
- Develop world class Big Data and Analytics solutions in a variety of technologies.
- Build of end-to-end solution for the extraction and transformation of data where required.
- Assist in the migration of functionality through multiple environments from Dev to Prod.
This is a brand-new requirement and my client are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. They are looking to line up interviews from week commencing 12th March, and will move quickly for the right candidate
Send your CV to , or call Adam on for more information.
Java / Python / Scala / Big Data / Data Science / Machine Learning / Hive / Hadoop / Cloudera / MongoDB / HDFS /
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job