Our Client is one of the very best-known manufacturers of Pallet Trucks and counter balance trucks for shipping ports, warehouse and logistics industry with a turnover in the billions.
They have an enviable client base of world- wide brands you will know who they support through chosen dealer/ distributor networks in each Country/ Territory. As a result of continued growth, they are looking to recruit someone very specifically with experience of managing and co -ordinating a bids and tender team. Someone who both enjoys supporting and directing a team or process with experience of pulling together stakeholders including Marketing, estimators, subcontractors and virtual teams, as a vital support function to the UK and European major account management and business development team. This team of 5 will support a team of 34 and will be dealing with on average with 30 -40 large tender opportunities per annum ranging from 4-12 weeks in project time.
Experience from any suitable similar market or FM / business solutions would be attractive to us.
You do not have to come from a material handling background but must have serviced or supported major accounts UK or Europe wide in a similar competitive bids role previously and be able to work from our friendly UK head offices in the Berkshire/ Hampshire/ Surrey borders.
You will enjoy a salary of 50k basic with a significant benefits package including 25 days holiday, pension, life insurance, discounted gym membership.
Please consider the job details below and reply with a suitable CV to be considered. Interviews in April.
This position will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Major Accounts bidding and business pursuit activities for EMEA. The Bid Operations Manager will ensure timely responses to defined RFI’s, RFQ’s and tenders.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Leading and managing the back office tender support team to ensure compliance on process setting, guidance and owner to approach/steps and execution of Major Accounts bid and tender processes.
- The management, tracking, and decision-making on bid portfolio, pursuit and tender activities.
- Identifying and resolving issues and gaps to support customers, escalating key matters as required.
- Establishing and maintaining an internal review reference to enhance quality.
Establishing business performance KPI’s, and ensuring our continuous improvement cycle is deployed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Degree level education, with a high level of commercial awareness.
- Experience in a management role, ideally involving competitive tendering.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to manage business relationships across multiple cultures and at all levels of the organisation.
- Project management experience.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
A good level of computer literacy in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Back Office
- Tender Management
- Bid Strategy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job