I'm currently recruiting for a Bid writer for a market leading safety solutions company.
The bid writer is an office based role where you will be working within your own devices but working closely with operations, technical and sales. it will involve all general administration work and is a role well suited to an organised and driven candidate. This role may also require travel to attend new client's pre-start meetings for any successful bids.
The role for a Bid writer would suit a candidate who has a very strong communication and is very organised in their current role. The position would suit someone who has worked with tenders before and understand how to approach a busy workload and hit the ground running.
Bids must be delivered to the highest possible standards whilst developing, managing and monitoring the progress of the submission against the bid program. The Bid Writer will monitor E-portals, source and track opportunities and contribute to the maintenance of the bid library.
Bid Writer - Key Responsibilities
- Sourcing new opportunities and registering the company on new portals and identifying potential new business
- Help create and maintain a central bid library of documents for tender submissions;
- Ensure that all the client's questions have been answered as fully as possible and that the organisation has given itself the best possible chance of success
- Be involved in every aspect of the submission and have an excellent appreciation of what the client needs and how best to articulate how the organisation can provide that
- Liaise closely with the following departments: technical, sales, operations and invoicing, who will manage the contract once it has been won
- Lead handover meetings with Management team members and key stakeholders following a successful win
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant
- Deliver completed written proposal responses against agreed deadlines, escalating issues as required
- Communicate and influence at a senior level
- Strong time management/prioritisation skills
- Strong written English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Bid Writer -The Candidate
- Demonstrate the Code of Conduct
- Be punctual, friendly, trustworthy and reliable.
- Act with professionalism and pride, demonstrating excellent attention to detail in all aspects of your work.
- Use your own initiative to solve problems and inform others when you are aware of potential issues.
- Acknowledge when you make mistakes and take responsibility for addressing and correcting them.
- Request help and advice where necessary and be unafraid to acknowledge limitations to your own capability.
- Effectively plan your own time and workload to meet objectives, balancing competing priorities.
- Demonstrate high levels of motivation and initiative to develop and drive new business relationships.
- Demonstrate exemplary verbal and written communication skills; being positive, confident and articulate when dealing with both customers and colleagues alike.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the company's business objectives and understand your impact on their achievement.
- Exhibit a positive, enthusiastic outlook, with high levels of energy.
- Believe in maximising potential.
- Review your own performance, request feedback and take accountability for your own development needs.
- Actively contribute new ideas and share successes.
There are a host of benefits for the Bid Writer on offer:
- A competitive salary of £30,000
- Mon - Fri 8.30 - 4.30
- 20 days holiday entitlement + BH's
- Opportunity to join a childcare voucher scheme
- Company Pension scheme
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted.
We will consider your application for other potential roles. Thank you
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- "bid manager"
- "bid writer"
- "tender manager"
- "bid library"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'