Job title: Bid Writer / Tender Writer
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary: Up to £30,000 depending upon experience
Benefits: Various: Salary sacrifice scheme including cycle to work, childcare vouchers, dental/healthcare, 25 days plus stats Holiday, High contributory pension
Our client provides over 10 million drug and alcohol tests each year for customers in over 75 countries. We are a leading service provider with the facilities and expertise to genuinely deliver a single-source solution for drug, alcohol and healthcare testing as well as Occupational Health and Wellbeing. This includes point of care tests through to state of the art laboratory analysis for urine, oral fluid and hair. Our specialist teams across 8 world-class laboratories and multiple manufacturing facilities integrate around a single binding philosophy that 'Behind every test is a life'.
As a Tender/Bid Writer you will be part of the Bid Management Team reporting to the Head of Bid Management and responsible for writing bid proposals by effective coordination of all operational and commercial stakeholders, writing successful narratives and responding to customer questions. You will be expected to deliver timely and high quality tenders and re-tenders that increase new business win rates.
The day-to-day duties
- The Tenders department holds a database of responses to frequently asked ITT questions. You will be required to review these responses to identify areas of weakness and to improve the style of writing. Month 1
- Complete responses to ITT questions by extracting information from the company database of standard responses and through communication with relevant departments within the company. Month 1
- Co-ordinate all activities to ensure all milestones within a bid response are delivered on time and to desired quality. Month 3
- Project-manage and complete PQQs, unsupervised. Month 3
- Project-manage and complete response to ITT to the required standard. Month 4
- Assist with the volume of tenders within the team and help to deliver all proposals on time and to a high standard.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Proven experience at writing commercial and technical copy to a high standard
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good team player
- Able to work well under pressure, in order to meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
What the company will offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Childcare vouchers
- Health and Dental care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension
To apply for the position of Bid Writer / Tender Writer please click on apply and upload your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job