Bid & Proposals Manager Package to 60k (40+20k)
Our Client are the leading experts in the business of Government and the public sector. They support ambitious SMEs growth strategies, by supporting them to identify and win public sector business opportunities.
They are seeking an expert Bid and Proposals Manager to manage tender submissions in partnership with our clients. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and networking skills at senior levels and at least 2 years’ experience in a bid and proposals related role.
Working within the delivery team, the Bids & Proposals Manager will be responsible for managing the delivery of bid submissions in response to customer engagements necessitating the successful listing of a client onto Public Sector Frameworks as well as specific open tender responses. In addition as part of the proposals responsibilities the individual will be responsible for supporting Sales activities through the drafting of Proposal narratives using data gathered by the Delivery Research Team.
The Bid Manager will assemble a bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. Responsibilities include introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and process. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
Key activities will include:
- Interface between Sales, Delivery and Client including stakeholder management and communications between them.
- Working with the Research & Delivery team to identify and match relevant public sector opportunities to clients
- Delivery of successful tender submissions in partnership with key clients
- Maintaining regular communication with clients
- Contacting relevant public sector purchasing organisations to gather opportunity details
- Supporting the Research & Delivery Manager to gather, analyse, interpret and report on data on UK and International procurement bodies and opportunities, supporting the new product development process
- Support the Research & Delivery Manager in the collection and analysis of public sector strategies and spending plans, to support the development of strategy, marketing and client’s public sector business strategies
- Supporting the Sales function to deliver successful bids and proposals.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Professional and confident telephone manner and excellent email communication skills
- Customer handling skills
- Ability to present data in bid submissions clearly and concisely
- Time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Teamworking skills
- To influence the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation
- Manage the bid budget
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
Knowledge & Experience
Proven capability in delivering winning tenders for complex product or services opportunities. Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution design.
Must be comfortable working at CEO / Director Level (internal and external customers). Will be fully conversant with the public sector marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills. Have the ability to manage complex, multi-worksteam opportunities. Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
Essential - Minimum 2 years experience in a Bids and Proposals Management role
Essential - Experience of Public Sector and Tender submission requirements.
Essential - Experience with public sector procurement & related information sources
Desirable - Previous experience in a procurement based role
Essential: Degree educated.
Desirable: APMP Practitioner or Professional level / Prince 2 Qualified.
£30-40k basic, OTE up to 60K
- Public Sector
- Risk Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'