Proposal Manager required by my fantastic SaaS client in Reading. As the proposal manager you will be responsible for all functional, technical and general commercial elements and will provide end-to-end RFI/RFP responses and writing service for the clients UK sales organisation. You will serve as the primary lead for all RFI/RFP responses and will need to co-ordinate with the necessary functional teams for each RFP, identifying roles and assigning responsibilities and deadlines for proposal completion as needed and within defined deadlines.
As the Proposal Manager you will have exceptional technical and business writing skills and be able to produce and edit proposal documents to the very highest standard, whilst supporting multiple in-flight responses that will often need to be delivered to tight deadlines. As such, the successful individual will need to be highly experienced, passionate and be able to self-motivate to develop rapidly and from scratch the tools and knowledge required to excel in this new and important role.
- End-to-end RFI/RFP and proposal writing experience
- Serve as the primary lead and single point of contact for all RFI/RFP responses
- Prepare written responses to RFIs/RFPs which include product compliance matrices, functional summaries, and technical (i.e. IT infrastructure, architecture and security) surveys
- Develop a standard proposal response format and structure which is in line with the clients global branding standards
- Prioritise RFIs/RFPs and balance high workloads with short deadlines and fast turnaround times whilst managing a cross functional team of supporting resources from across the clients business
- Collaborate with Account Executives, Solution Consultants, Executives, Legal Sales Operations, Product Management and Marketing to create standard proposals and prospect specific proposal strategies and increase the clients win rate
- Ensure comprehensive and accurate responses to RFIs/RFPs and prepare final proposal for electronic submission, printing/production as required
- Develop and maintain a library of proposal resources (e.g. templates, solution overviews, SDR engagement materials, demo leave behinds) that can be leveraged in proposals and other general sales and marketing activities
- Design, maintain and update an RFI/RFP knowledgebase to improve efficiency, consistency and accuracy of RFP responses
- Continually enhance a refine the RFO/RFP proposal writing service
- Proven track record in Proposal Management – Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Exceptional written communication skills including technical and business writing and editing (whitepapers, proposals and competitive responses etc.)
- A self-motivated self-starter capable of building this new service, its tools and supporting processes within the clients organisation
- A strong team player capable of delivering results under tight time constraints in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Mature, non-confrontational, consultative style
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges faced by colleagues
- Functional knowledge of Human Resources and experience of Salesforce CRM would be highly advantageous
All candidates must be eligible to live and work within the UK with0out requiring sponsorship.
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs