Where will I be working?
Within a central Oxford based organisation, working within a niche and interesting sector with an academic slant and an international setting. A warm, supportive working culture awaits within lovely offices.
What will I be doing?
We are recruiting a Bid Officer within our Executive Education business. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity with the role holder contributing to the bid management and market development process to help win new executive education business, including:
- Supporting the end to end bid management process, from monitoring procurement portals and communication channels, to undertaking due diligence and desktop research on prospective opportunities, to developing high quality bid documentation, and coordinating inputs from multiple sources across the business school, and from external parties
- Leading the development of a library of bid collateral, including: case studies, biographies, supporting charts and diagrams
- Supporting additional market development and market engagement activities as required
Duties will include
- Working alongside the Bid Managers, to support the development of a variety of bid documentation, including: Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ), Requests for Proposal (RFP), and pitch presentations. This will require the role holder to develop an understanding of the Custom Executive Education brand proposition (USPs), product and service offerings, and the variety of markets and geographies we serve and operate in
- Working with a variety of stakeholders, including fellows, faculty, Client Management and departments across Oxford to gather, collate, format, and review their submissions for inclusion within the bid response document including managing timelines with all contributors to ensure deadlines for bid submissions are met
- Creation of content, and copy for inclusion in bid response documents, ensuring that this conforms to corporate brand guidelines
- Monitor and maintain access to procurement portals
- Proof read bid documentation before submission to client, ensuring corporate brand guidelines are adhered to
- Take part in lead and opportunity calls, and the drafting of scoping documentation that will be presented internally
- Develop and maintain a growing portfolio of bid collateral to support the bid process, including content on the school’s brand proposition, our products and services, capabilities and differentiators, case studies, and biographies
- Conduct desktop research and relevant background work, including formal due diligence on prospective opportunities
- Oversee the updating and utilisation of the CRM database (Salesforce)
- Customer communications - monitoring the team’s shared mailbox, forwarding opportunity-related queries to relevant individuals within the Custom Executive Education team
- Provide support to the wider Clients and Markets Team, including supporting market development and market engagement personnel
- Liaison with cross functional teams
- Collation of materials and collateral to be used in client meetings and pitch presentations, ensuring that the pitch team have sufficient knowledge of key client contacts and all relevant documentation has been printed and collated in advance of client session
What skills and experiences are required?
- A good general level of education to A level or equivalent standard
- Knowledgeable and skilled using PowerPoint and Excel, with a comprehensive understanding of all technical features of this software, including template creation
- A creative thinker, interpreting content and visual briefs and generating sharp, professional layouts
- Excellent written communication skills, with experience of drafting, editing and proofing content
- Ability to work on a multiplicity of tasks independently and at the same time, and to organise and prioritise own work
- A complete team player, flexibility in all senses and willing, on occasion, to work outside regular hours
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and ensure all allocated tasks are accomplished within the required timeline
- A methodical approach to tasks and projects
- An eye for detail ensuring consistency of materials and content
- Proactive and resourceful
- Experience of working on bids, the bid process, and the corporate executive education business
- Experience of writing reports or discussion documents
- Agenda drafting and minute taking
- Experience of using CRM software to track business development opportunities
What else do I need to know?
This role is central Oxford based and does NOT offer parking on site.
This role is offered on a full-time, Fixed-term basis with the possibility of extension/ permanency and offers excellent benefits alongside a competitive salary.
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.
- Bid Preparation
- General Admin
- Bid Processes
- Bid Strategy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job