Bid Manager - Glasgow - £60,000 + great benefits
Based in the Mears Glasgow office you will be responsible for providing high quality Tender submissions for targeted opportunities.
Reporting into the Senior Bid Manager, you will be part of the Central Business Development Team, working collaboratively to coordinate and lead on the submission of high quality tenders and submissions.
The Bid Manager role will be part of the ongoing business strategy to retain a high profile Contract, The successful candidate will be supported by the central Business Development team, but also work closely with the senior management team at the local Glasgow branch.
As a Bid Manager you will promote strategy to define, through client engagement & meetings, to establish how we best manage time and resource. All members of the Central Business Development Team will have an input into the Sales Strategy to allow us to best resource manage and prioritise market opportunities.
Bid timescales and demands vary and are very much client led – therefore, front end project and time management planning is essential. The Bid Manager will need to have sight of an opportunity and outline timescales from SQ stage to enable them to prepare themselves to have enough time to produce high quality written submissions with the support of the Senior Bid Manager.
- Lead and own the creation of winning tender submissions throughout the entire procurement process covering inter alia soft market tests, tenders, dialogue and submissions
- Proactive management and leadership of each tender process. This will include:
- Sole responsibility for the creation and maintenance of appropriate tender submission plans, timetables and risk management activities so as to ensure ‘best in class’ submissions to the required timescales and deadlines
- Booking and chairing of relevant work winning progress meetings including kick off calls, progress reports, risk reviews and settlements
- Early identification and sustained engagement with colleagues senior directors and other business functions to deliver persuasive, effective and tailored tender submissions
- Liaising with external organisations and partners to support the process
- Managing competing deadlines whilst maintaining the highest levels of quality in written work
- Development of written proposals including Tender submissions to time and quality requirements
- Work cohesively with the Operations team and other stakeholders to ensure we are responding to tender requirements
- Build best practice, innovation and added value into written responses to tender submissions
- Work collaboratively with all other members of the Business Development Team supporting wider objectives and initiatives
- Support the Risk Management process of bid opportunities across the sector
- Proactively manage and lead work winning processes for individual opportunities (tenders)
- Manage and write high quality responses to Tenders with minimal supervision
- Develop and write technical proposals for Supplier Questionnaire documents
- Organise and support site visits and interviews for tender opportunities including all preparation activities and collateral
- Manage tender opportunities through all stages of the procurement process including presentations and competitive dialogue, booking meetings/conference calls, upload and cascade clarifications and updates leading kick off and settlement calls
- Be fully aware and compliant to Mears’ SODA (Delegated Authority) process.
- Identify and share leads, ideas and initiatives with colleagues, leading on implementation where appropriate
- Continuously monitor one’s own performance against agreed targets.
- Operate in a confidential and professional manner.
- Early understanding of the full SQ/tender and submission requirements through document interrogation
- Close identification/engagement and liaison with senior operators and senior development manager to gain buy-in from the outset and outline expectations to support winning submissions
- Setting out input requirements and agreeing challenging but realistic deadlines (in line with project timescales)
- Ensuring all relevant parties are engaged and staging, leading kick off, bid no/bid sessions, updates and sign off/adjudications for opportunities. This will be anticipated at various branch locations throughout the UK so travel will be expected.
- Overall responsibility for high quality and compliant bid submission for our ‘Quality’ submission.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK’s leading housing providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions. With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
We provide tailored rapid-response and planned maintenance services through partnering arrangements with more than 70 local authorities, Arm’s Length Management Organisations and Housing Associations.
What we need from you?
We are keen to meet candidates that may come from a Social Housing background or working both in the public or private sectors. Understanding of FM would also be highly desirable.
- Extensive experience of bid preparation and management essential.
- You will have experience of leading and preparing bids in your own right.
- Using PowerBI or similar data and insight analysis tools
- Experience of bids in the value range of £3.5 Million to £10+Million per annum.
- Experience of arranging & attending client meetings based upon an agreed strategy and Bid writing.
- Experience of producing winning proposals that score top marks for quality
- Initiative, confidence, positive ‘can do’ attitude, decisiveness, enthusiasm, reliability, patience, tact, approachability, willingness to develop self and others, committed and trustworthy
What's in for you?
- Competitive basic salary – Up to £60,000 + great benefits
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'