Sopra Steria helps government to solve today’s big challenges. We combine technical expertise and delivery capability with vision to accelerate change and reimagine the way that public services are designed and delivered.? We work with energy and integrity to create?intelligent, highly secure, joined-up solutions that make a difference to everyday lives. We’ve been helping government to make a difference for 50 years, creating common systems and approaches, enabling government to work across multiple agencies and radically transform how public services are delivered. Empowering government to make a difference to everyone, every day.
The day job
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised and previously successful Bid Manager, to join our Public Sector Strategic Sales team here at Sopra Steria. As the majority of the bids you will be driving forward will be tech focused, we are looking for someone from a similar background who has delivered complex IT/Tech bids from cradle to grave. You will work toward fixed deadlines with teams from Sopra Steria, suppliers and sub-contractors on multiple projects and bids, across a varied range of clients and customers. Ranging from Defence to Emergency Services, this role is not for the faint hearted but will give the opportunity to be involved in some of the strategic bids for the public sector, working with UK senior management across the public sector and at times our European colleagues.
- Responsible for delivering bids, confidently, to multiple clients and external audiences, under pressure and to fixed deadlines;
- Develop bid plans in liaison with the sales lead and solution owner and be responsible for managing them through to conclusion;
- Develop bid budgets and be responsible for managing to the budget;
- Write and edit/review customer proposal documents;
- Matrix manage a team of subject matter experts, including technology, business process, commercial and legal experts and provide sales process advice & guidance when required.
You need to have:
- Demonstrable Bid Management experience, working across all stages of the entire bid process with a successful record of accomplishment, winning bids in a competitive market;
- Demonstrable experience of complex bids for a technology organisation;
- Previous experience within Bid Management roles for opportunities in excess of £10m with team size in excess of 10;
- Highly competent in use of MS Office tools;
- Experienced user of project planning software e.g. MS Project;
- Demonstrate a sales orientation with an understanding of bid management best practice;
- Experience with bidding bespoke IT solutions, with an ability to think outside of the box;
- Experience of working with senior level management in a large corporate environment
It would be great if you had:
- Member of Bid Management professional body e.g. Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP);
- Experience of Shipley bid management best practice;
- Knowledge of the Public Sector market;
- Experience in mentoring junior staff
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment type: Full time permanent
Location: Hemel Hempstead or London
Security Clearance Level: SC
Internal Recruiter: Charlotte
Salary: up to £60,000
Benefits: £5,400 car allowance, 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, private medical, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'