Bid Manager - Cathedral Appointments is looking for an experienced Bid Manager who enjoys working within a fast-paced business. Our client is one of the leading providers of professional services across the South West and London. As the Bid Manager you will be managing a small but dedicated team who work across the whole company to support Partners in creating winning bids, pitches and tenders that will range from one off presentations to formal tenders that will take a few months to develop.
The responsibilities of the Bid Manager are…
- Oversee the delivery of bids identifying winning themes and unique selling points
- Work directly with partners to provide strategic focus
- Manage, develop and continuously improve the company’s bid strategy
- Maintain relationships with 'Subject Matter Experts’ across the company
- Ensure regular and transparent reporting including monthly board reports
- Lead on all new bids, chairing strategy meetings and driving innovation and quality in the submissions
- Coordinate all correspondence and communications, acting as the central point of contact
- Support areas of the business in Business Development across specific sectors, creating Webinars and support to clients
- Control the often complex timelines of multiple proposals, ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed and all elements are delivered on time
- Drive the strategy of the Bid team, identify new opportunities through industry contacts, networking and sector leads
The requirements of the Bid Manager are…
- A self-starter with a desire to succeed - this is a busy, fast paced and multi-faceted role
- Able to effectively manage your own workload to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - you will be working with the partners daily, managing expectations and building rapport with key contacts across the business
- Meticulous attention to detail, a keen eye and a love of perfection
- Able to work well under pressure and stay calm, managing multiple deadlines and timelines
- Previous experience in a professional services environment is highly desirable
- An understanding of bidding best practice would be advantageous
The role of Bid Manager is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and highly respected company who pride themselves on their ability to understand their customers and support them to find solutions and gain results.
The successful candidate will have the ability to create and clearly communicate winning bids to a variety of audiences, enjoy working in a busy and changeable environment and be able to build strong relationships with key members of the business. Although this role is based in Exeter, occasional travel between the company’s offices will be required.
You must have relevant bid management experience to be considered for this tole, either at a management or executive/senior executive level.
If you have the skills and experience for this role then we would love to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job