Our Client, a well-established engineering Company with offices in Burntwood and Gloucester are looking for an experienced Bid Manager to own and manage the bid, tender and sales process model.
Please note this role is likely to be split between the two offices with ideally 3 days working from Gloucester and 2 days from Burntwood.
Competitive starting salary of £40,000.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a successful and highly ambitious organisation and be a key member of the Companies growth plan.
The successful Bid Manager will be required to:-
- Build and control a quote, bid and sales process management model that supports the Companies sales revenue growth.
- Own the bid and quote process for tender opportunities and completion of tenders through to the tracking and reporting of sales opportunities (initial enquiry to order closure).
- Manage and delegate work as appropriate to Bid Coordinator.
- Maintain strong working relationships with Commercial Director, Marketing Manager and Sales team in order to ensure overall sales objectives are met.
- Continuously improve the bid and quote process.
- Lead the sourcing, identification and validation of opportunities to be fed into the organisation.
- Have a key influence on whether to bid for certain projects.
- Proof read completed documents prior to submission.
- Manage all online tender sites and register with any new ones that will provide opportunities.
- Deliver tender and bid submissions that are technically compliant and commercially viable.
- Ensure the firm is protected from unsustainable exposure within contract terms & conditions.
- Provide guidance regarding the impact of project cash flows.
- Ensure that all bids and tenders are managed within the company policies and processes.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Worked as a Bid Manager or similar.
- Experience in a technical engineering or service delivery business.
- Experience leading a bid/commercial function.
- Experience of setting up a bid/commercial function is desirable but not essential.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Knowledge of tender documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bid writing/ bid management/ tender experience.
- A good standard of education, ideally degree level.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Live within a 50 mile radius of Worcester in order to be able to commute to both Gloucester and Burntwood.
Benefits to include:-
- Starting salary of £40,000.
- An opportunity to work for a successful and highly ambitious organisation and be a key member of the Companies growth plan.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 8am- 5pm.
- Holiday entitlement: 22 days in year 1, 24 days in year 2 and 26 days in year 3 (plus bank holidays).
Please be advised that we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Tender Management
- Tender Writing
- Bid Processes
- Bid Strategy