JOB TITLE – BidManager
LOCATION – Coventry
POSTING DATE: 5thFebruary 2018
CLOSING DATE: 6thMarch 2018
SALARY RANGE - £40,000- £53,000, depending on experience
JOB REFERENCE: 003WZH
Schneider Electric is theglobal specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25billion in FY2016, our 144,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries,helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe,reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complexoperational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way ourcustomers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologiesreshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
At Schneider Electric, wecall this Life Is On.
We are currently seeking Bid Managers to support our Hybrid and Systemsbusiness streams within the Process Automation (PA) business unit.
Working within an established bid team, the Bid Managerwill compile winning proposal submissions to allow the PA business to protectand grow its customer base; in line with agreed annual Sales forecasts anddefined margins. Proposal submissions shall be led by the Bid Manager who willown the technical response and manage the communication protocol with allinternal and external stakeholders. In the case of large opportunities, the BidManager will act as the focal point for all technical, commercial and financialdeliverables, managing required resources to develop a winning proposal whichforms part of the bid strategy.
- Manage workload with agility, to meet agreed deadlines
- Own the total response for all assigned PQQ’s, bids and tenders (Including cross business unit content / interaction)
- Identify the technical requirements for each opportunity and agree bidding strategy with Sales,
- Set out bid expectation; plan and engage required resources
- Comply with company and local standards, procedures and protocols (Delegation of Authority and business unit Transformation)
- Provide required documentation to Delivery team to allow timely PO processing and Sales to Project handover(s)
- Report to manager, on assigned workload, highlighting concerns and actions taken to resolve
- Minimise exposure and risk on all bids
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent time management; well organised and works effectively under pressure
- Ability to multi – task; co-ordinate several opportunities and adapt to changing priorities
- Good communicator with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with Delivery, Technical, Finance and Commercial teams
- Capable and willing to constructively challenge peers
- Ability to take ownership; proactively address issues to resolve
- Self-motivated & able to work unsupervised, both as a sole contributor and as part of a small team
- Commercially astute with a basic understanding of business financials
- Aptitude for change to support a drive for continual improvement
- IT literate with good working knowledge of common MS office applications
- Willing to perform additional duties, as required, to support the tendering function
- Proven experience within a PA Tendering / Engineer / Product Management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- An Automation and Control background with experience in Industry and/or Infrastructure
- A good working knowledge of DCS/PLC and/or telemetry and remote SCADA applications; the latter most specifically within the Utility sector.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a partof it.
AtSchneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of ourorganisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity andfosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of ourcommunities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger todrive the company's future.
We arealways open to a conversation around flexible working.