At Connect Labs we help millions of people work smarter worldwide through our pioneering software solutions which transform businesses.
As a result of growth, we are seeking to appoint an experienced Bid Manager to join our team in our Luton office.
As a member of our skilled Bid team, the Bid Manager is responsible for managing opportunities from qualification through to close. The Bid Manager pro-actively manages all the activities involved in executing the sales campaign, from win strategy, through bid proposal through to negotiating strategy and close. The Bid Manager ensures that all activities in the opportunity process are aimed at delivering a strong, winning case to the customer, showcasing Connect Labs and neutralising the competition.
As part of the sales team, the Bid Manager continually evaluates and orchestrates selling activities in relation to opportunity pursuit and through strong leadership will be the day to day point of contact to all activities related to a qualified opportunity through to close.
- Scheduling and chairing meetings.
- Managing communication both within the pre-sales/sales team and other stakeholders in the organisation
- Managing the bid process and timeline.
- Capturing and managing risk, actions, issues and dependencies.
- Develop strategic win themes, bid strategy and ensure consistent messaging is throughout the response.
- Ensure alignment of the tender team across sales work streams, including solution elements, pricing, legal and governance.
- Manage the creation of proposal materials (RFI, RFPs, tender docs etc.) and manage other key events in the buying process including oral presentations, site visits, BAFOs etc.
- Ensure consistent and high quality 'look and feel' in client deliverables.
- Manage other tender Bid Team staff members assigned to an opportunity if required.
- Ensure deal compliance with internal controls and drive all required internal approvals in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify and secure tender team resources and accurately forecast and manage opportunity tender team costs.
- Manage vendor relationships with partners, subcontractors, third parties and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record in bid or proposal management experience (IT/Smart IoT environment preferred)
- Demonstrated strong people and team leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Organisational - ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple teams and work streams
- Self-starter and adaptability - ability to operate and flourish in a dynamic environment with a strong drive for results
- Acute attention to detail - producing high quality deliverables
- Time management - ability to meet tight deadlines
- Problem solving - ability to analyse poorly defined problems and anticipate and address critical situations
- Win strategy development
- Extensive relevant experience in business, sales and/or leadership roles
- Tertiary qualification in business, IT or Communications
- Strong Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), SharePoint
- Bid Preparation
- Bid Writing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job