Job Title: Bid Manager (Process Automation)
Location: Coventry OR Warrington
Job Sector: Energy Management/Engineering
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £53,000 p.a + bonus
Job Reference: SS/J019893
About the Company:
A global energy management specialist with operations in over 100 countries, involved in the provision of mechanical and electrical infrastructure projects to commercial, industrial and government sector clients.
Their focus is on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green and they are passionate about delivering real innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency.
About the Role:
An experienced Bid Manager is required to support the Systems & Hybrid business streams within the Process Automation business unit.
Working as part of an established bid team, you will compile winning proposal submissions in order to allow the Process Automation business to protect and grow its customer base in line with agreed annual sales forecasts and defined margins.
You will lead proposal submissions and own the technical response, managing communication protocol with all internal and external stakeholders.
In the case of larger opportunities, you will act as the focal point for all technical, commercial and financial deliverables; managing required resources to develop a winning proposal which forms part of the overall bid strategy.
A summary of your duties include:
- Manage your workload with agility in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Own the total response for all assigned PQQ’s, bids and tenders (including cross business unit content/interaction).
- Identify the technical requirements for each opportunity and agree bidding strategy with sales team.
- Set out the full bid expectation; plan and engage required resources.
- Comply with company and local standards, procedures and protocols (DoS/PA Transformation).
- Provide required documentation to the delivery team in order to allow timely PO processing and Sales to Project handovers.
- Report to manager regularly on assigned workload, highlighting any concerns and actions taken to resolve.
- Minimise exposure and risk on all bids.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Bid Manager, you must possess the following:
- Previous experience of working as a Bid manager (ideally within a water related industry), PA Tendering, Engineering or Product Management role.
- SCADA, Telemetry, Controls & Process Automation knowledge and experience is essential.
- Experience within the Utilities sector would be highly desirable.
- The ability to work unsupervised both as a sole contributor and as part of a small team.
- Commercially astute with a basic understanding of business financials.
- The ability to establish and maintain solid relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Basic salary is up to £53,000 p.a
20% bonus (uncapped)
Generous contributory pension
28 days holiday
Flexible benefits package
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job