The Bid Engineer/ Estimator is responsible for estimating and compiling the overall estimates for repairs.
In addition to the estimating function, this role will support the other technical departments to ensure that all tenders are completed on time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in competitions and preparation of the supply of the services required during the operation (maintenance, guarantee, supply of spare parts, etc.), including analysis of specifications, preparation of documentation and budget for the offer
- Presentation of the offers and subsequent meetings for clarification and negotiation.
- Attention to meetings with potential clients during the pre-bid phases.
- Request and management of offers with suppliers if necessary
- Monitoring and analysis of the awarded projects, for the preparation of the new offers (real costs of the project, results of Reliability with respect to contractual, etc.)
- Prepare and maintain details estimates for projects·Evaluate sub-contractors and suppliers quotations
- Attend and participate at project progress meetings and other meetings as required
- Understand and interpret technical specifications and drawings in order to produce estimates
Behavioural Competencies·Planning and Organisation·Innovation/ Creativity·Relational Capacity·Negotiation Capacity·Leadership and Team Management ·Vision Internal/ External Client
Technical Competencies·Essential knowledge of rolling stock and its maintenance
High technical capacity with clients and or suppliers
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS
HND or above in an Engineering related discipline
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years in railway sector
- Ideally the candidates should be from a rolling stock background
- Full UK driving license
- Candidate should have a sound working knowledge of procedures and processes undertaken in railways, knowledge of trains trade skills and their scope of work
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job