As Bid Director within Capita your role is to lead the bid team in the creation of persuasive sales proposals that are designed to win new business. You will be responsible for bid planning, resource scheduling, developing and producing Capita's bid responses. You will ensure that proposals are persuasive, compliant and provide an economically advantageous solution to the business problems that the client is seeking to solve.
As Bid Director, you will work closely with Leadership team, Sales Professionals, Solutions Specialists, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Finance and Commercial personnel and work-stream leaders who are actively bidding for new business with both existing and new clients. At the outset of any qualified opportunity, you will work closely with sales professionals to create a proposal strategy that incorporates the key themes of the sales strategy.
Your role is to plan the necessary resources and then manage the team that will compile the costed proposal, providing leadership, creative input, direction and management of professionally presented, compliant and persuasive sales proposals, designed to provide the most economically advantageous solution to the customers' strategic requirements. The plan will ensure timely completion of the bid that meets timescales set out in the invitation documentation. Risks and issues will be raised in a timely manner to enable review and management according to Capita bid process guidelines. You will also be expected to manage some bids directly.
The primary output of your role will be all aspects of the proposal in accordance with set business processes and industry best practice. For this role you will need experience of managing the production of tender responses into the UK Public Sector, both directly and through managing a virtual team of bid and sales and pre-sales professionals.
You must have experience of Public Sector procurement procedures and thoroughly understand how to achieve the production of winning proposals.
A background working with bids relating to technology would also be highly desirable.
The Bid Director has primary responsibilities for the following;
- Understanding of the customer, business and market environments into which the opportunity/proposal is to be submitted.
- Sales Strategy Understanding and contributing to the sales strategy win themes and value proposition and ensuring they are embedded in the bid.
- Identification and management of risk within the bid.
- Own bid-related Qualification and Commercial Governance processes
- Identification and management of the bid resources required to produce a bid within timescales which meets the customer requirements within the allocated bid budget.
- Establishing the "winning price" or "affordability window" in relation to the client expectation and managing this through all stages of the bid process.
- Production of any required approved internal business case supporting the bid prior to submission to the customer
- Change management within the bid.
- Proposal writing / authoring - development of proposal material in support of customers proposals
- Production and delivery of an approved bid within the specified timescales conforming to the agreed sales strategy / plan and in accordance with Capita commercial procedures.
- Production of the lesson learnt report after each major milestone in bid cycle (proposal submission, negotiation, contract award etc.)
- Support of and, if appropriate, active participation in the customer presentation
- Support Framework opportunity management to the appropriate Capita business unit and sales lead, in collaboration with the wider Capita Frameworks team
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of IT services business with the ability to review an IT Services solution against perceived competitive offers and positions
- Good interpersonal skills / effective communication skills.
- Experience of Project Management, Planning and Control, particularly in a bid environment
- Able to achieve results whilst making efficient use of resources.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and original thought approach to decision making
- Experience of Customer Relationships (internal and external) and customer facing skills.
- Management and organisation skills, with excellent time management and the ability to work under pressure and multiple tight and concurrent deadlines.
- Specialist/technical appreciation
- Leadership and People Management of virtual teams to manage, motivate, and control staff (who may have differing experience levels of bidding) assigned to each bid, who are not necessarily full time on one bid
- Commercial and financial understanding of issues and requirements to give innovative and commercial viability to the offer.
- Sales and/or business development skills to understand market and commercial forces
- Ability to present and communicate confidently to senior executives both internally and with external companies and customers
- Good understanding of MS Office product suite (especially MS Excel)
- Experience of at least one major core competence within Capita Business Services (E.g. Lines of Service/technical platform, Product Line, Market Sector etc.)
What we hope you will do next…
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Bid Director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job