Come and join the number one food service company in the country….
With a turnover of over £2.6bn, Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice industry in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The group comprises a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs, including their very successful own brand ranges developed specifically for chefs.
We are recruiting a Bid Coordinator who will be responsible for supporting the management of tenders and producing professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the organisation's value proposition. This position will report to the Bid Manager and support Sales teams to ensure the highest quality bid and tender responses are submitted to the customer by the required deadline.
- Responsible for project managing all process deliverables for new and retention bids
- Work with members of the sales teams to ensure that all bids are identified and tracked
- Set up and take part in bid process meetings to discuss the bid and sales proposition
- Coordinate the bid process ensuring key elements are delivered in line with a formulated bid schedule
- Communicate bid progress and provide solutions to arising challenges
- Manage and provide support to varying bid types
- Obtain and digest bid documentation providing summary detail with recommendations to key decision makers
- Coordinate clarifications questions with consideration of business winning best practice
- Liaise with all supporting functions to ensure bids are professionally presented
- Working with sales teams and Bid Writer, formulate compelling customised responses against agreed deadlines
- Manage and prioritise high volume workloads to meet customer deadlines
- Ensure bid responses are proof read, sense checked for accuracy and delivered to an industry leading standard
- Ensure that all bids responses consistently adhere to the company's branding, layout and messaging standards.
- Obtain customer feedback and present analysis to the Bid Manager with a view to improve future scoring
- Under guidance from the Bid Manager be proactive in the development and ownership of bid library folders
- Attend and input to monthly Bid team meetings and occasional sales/support function meetings
Skills and Qualifications
- High-level of proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to coordinate and work with a cross functional team of varying organisational levels
- Ability to understand customer requirements and challenge sales teams
- Organised and able to work to tight deadlines within a pressured environment
- Experience of bids or the food industry is not essential as on the job training/mentoring can be provided
Here at Brakes Group, we have a simple mission " to help businesses who serve food to thrive. And as we have been serving chefs across the food industry for nearly 60 years, with a business built on quality, reliability, innovation and trust, it's no surprise that we know what we're doing.
And with a culture where everyone works together as one team to be the best we can be, with a real focus on our brilliant people, there is no doubt that we have the right ingredients to make your career a successful one. If you're looking for development we can help you achieve your aspirations. We have clear career paths and learning programmes which will support you at every step of the way. We also have a whole range of Apprenticeships and a Graduate Programme so there really is something for you at every level of your career whether you are just starting out or are a seasoned professional. And being part of Sysco " the Global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products; the opportunities really are endless.
If this isn't enough, we offer a whole realm of fantastic benefits and incentives including
•Discounts on products and services
• Clear career pathways and development
• Excellent rewards and recognition schemes
• Pension plan
• Additional holiday purchase
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.
- FEED YOUR AMBITION. DELIVER YOUR FUTURE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'