Team Leidos which includes Kuehne+Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner took over the MoD's Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MoD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne+Nagel Government and Defence Business Unit was set up within the UK Technology Division.
This is an important and exciting time for our Storage Operations as we implement a number of changes to processes across the organisation. You will help shape our internal operations strategy and find innovative ways to support plans and deliver messages to keep colleagues engaged of news and other changes regarding task operations.
As a result, we are looking for a talented operations manager to join the storage operations team. You will play a leading role in overseeing content and developing narrative to support tasks across the organisation.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reporting directly to the Storage Operations Manager, this role will provide a co-ordination and control function across the total warehousing operation to ensure effective and efficient service delivery and maintenance of service standards.
- To provide an effective warehousing communication channel for contingent operations and other service delivery tasks.
- To monitor all aspects of performance to ensure compliance with agreed KPIs.
- To provide Contingent Operations planning and execution capability.
- Provide a single communication route in and out of warehousing operations for Contingent Operations and any other service task as required.
- Responsibility for the co-ordination and control of Bicester Contingent Operations to meet MoD requirements.
- Planning, reviewing and communicating operational requirements and changes across departments, so that KPI's and customer service levels are met.
- Monitor daily and weekly site KPIs are achieved within the warehouses.
- Ensure all outbound vehicles engaged in Contingent Operations or any other service task as directed by the Storage Operations Manager - Donnington are loaded with the correct stock in line with operational timescales so that customer requirements can be achieved.
- Develop and implement new initiatives for continued operational and service improvements.
- Support the warehouses in seeking to continuously optimise the cost-effectiveness, productivity and customer service levels through planned and regular communication mechanisms and the proactive accessing of the operational requirements.
- Liaise with the warehouses in the preparation of their operational plans and budgets as required.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experienced in operating within multisite logistics operations
- Experience in managing employee relations and customer/trading relations.
- Exposure to operating within a commercial environment sufficient to develop effective customer service and commercial understanding.
- A good level of IT literacy.
- People management and line management experience.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety and Legal compliance.
- Ability to present and communicate effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Team working and customer focussed attitude.
Good Reasons to Join
- Competitive Salary.
- Kuehne + Nagel Pension Plan.
- Route 2 Rewards.Contact
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
With over 74,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the sea freight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job