Reporting to the Business Intelligence and Data Manager, the role is responsible for assisting in ensuring:
- To provide high quality data management across the business.
- Ability to help drive the vision of data within the company and to ensure the delivery of a robust Data warehousing solution to the business.
- Appropriate tools and techniques are identified, implemented and continuously maintained/improved to transform transactional data into useful information that can be analysed by the business to make informed decisions and enable delivery of the business strategy.
- Help Manage the day to day development lifecycle to facilitate reporting and Bi development within the team, to ensure documentation is up to data and reflects current business rules and definitions.
- Act as a mentor for the data analysists and junior members of the team.
- Manage a team of SQL developers
- Supporting the Business Intelligence and Data Manager to build and manage the BI platform so that the organisation's business data analysis requirements can be retrieved, stored and viewed efficiently
- Support for all department data initiatives which positively contribute to the overall strategic direction of the business (e.g. data mining of billing data for sales and marketing purposes)
- Assisting in delivery of the data vision and strategy across the business
- Being an advocate of data governance activities, policies and procedures
- Helping to drive continuous improvements in data quality standards
- Assisting with maintenance of on-going clarity of data sources to be used by the business, who the data owners and stewards are and the individuals understand their obligations in respect of data management
- Assisting with on-going maintenance of data process records whenever there are system, people and/or process changes that could impact on data quality
- Helping with the resolution of known data issues - ensure root causes are identified and sustainable solutions are developed and implemented
- Assistance with data risk prioritisation and reporting
- Adherence to deliverable deadlines
To have impact in this role you will need practical experience of:
- Data quality management concepts
- Experience in writing complex T-SQL (Transact SQL) Stored Procedures
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 server-side development including (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- The ideal candidate should possess some database administrative experience
- Experience of Data Warehousing
- Experience of Proactive, problem solving to consider all options but committing to a course of action and delivering the outcome
- Detailed data analysis and presentation
- Power BI experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to concisely communicate technical matters in a simplified manner
- Ability to operate in a new business area in a fast changing market, often tackling issues without clear precedents
- Ability to deliver to agreed deadlines
- Organised and methodical, seeing challenges as development opportunities not problems
- Confident in own judgement and decision making
- Educated to degree level
- Continuous Improvement
- Data Management
- Data Warehousing
- Power BI
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job