BI Product Owner - GIBRALTAR
Excellent relocation package on offer.
We are currently looking for a BI Product Owner to join a gambling and gaming company in Gibraltar.
As the BI Product Owner you will play an integral role delivering the BI Program Roadmap for the Digital business. You will be responsible for working with stakeholders to elicit, analyse, specify and validate business and solution requirements.
The BI Product owner is accountable for defining and prioritising the team backlog and accepting completed user stories in alignment with program priorities.
BI Product Owner Key Responsibilities
* Take lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
* Provide the vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the development of the solution
* Elicit, analyse and document requirements. Interpret and convert Business Requirements into User Stories using best agile/scrum practices.
* Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prepared stories to work on
* Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
* Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
* Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
* Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new solutions
* Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
* Provide SME input / insight during the requirements gathering process.
* Use abstract thinking and problem solving skills to identify business opportunities and pinpoint problems.
* Identify acceptance criteria for all user stories, to support the BI development and testing teams to deliver a quality product.
* Gain and maintain a detailed knowledge of the BI functionality and capability, across all of BI, to allow you to offer consultancy to other BI team members, the business and to allow you to perform effective gap analysis for new change requests.
* Create and maintain accurate, detailed and user friendly documentation of the BI estate and functionality to support the wider BI team in their ability to self-serve when performing research and investigation into BI processes, functionality, services and interfaces.
* Answer business questions using knowledge, documentation, data analysis and analytic techniques, providing fact based responses.
* Senior stakeholder management.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the BI processes to support more efficient, repeatable and successful delivery of BI projects.
* Use opportunity of time spent with internal and external BI customers to educate and demonstrate value of Digital BI team.
* Identify synergies between separate requirements/projects/change requests to introduce efficiencies in delivery of BI solutions.
* Encourage communication and collaboration across the business, team and stakeholders in order to build strong relationships and develop cross functional working
BI Product Owner Specialist Skills and Experience Required
* Experience working as Product Owner, ideally using SCRUM, SAFE or similar Agile methodology
* Experience working for a Digital company, preferably in the eGaming industry
* Proven track record in business analysis in Business Intelligence and/or software development
* In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
* Preferable to have a good understanding of all areas of Business Intelligence - from the database level to analytics and reporting approaches. Any knowledge of SQL, fact & dimension table design, data mining, cubes and Power BI dashboards would be a plus.
* Experience with project/change/collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MS and Google product suites.
* Excellent listening, interviewing, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills
* High levels of resilience and tenacity
* Can demonstrate strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence. Confidence to interact with stakeholders up to the Digital Exec level
If you are interested in the role and would like to find out more please apply to the oition by following the link below and attaching a copy of your most recent CV and I will be in touch to discuss in more detail.
- Business Intelligence
- Product Owner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job