This is a varied full-time role which works across and supports a range of business activities within a small global specialist engineering consultancy in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
As we often liaise with Clients and businesses in Germany, we are keen to appoint a bi-lingual (English and German speaking) Administrator.
The work is fast-paced, multifaceted, often complex and demanding, and offers the post-holder the chance to learn about - or enhance their knowledge of - project management methodologies and how these can be successfully integrated into day-to-day business administrative practices.
Applications are welcome from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly MS Word (advanced level with knowledge of Table of Contents is essential) and MS Excel (intermediate)
- Good command of the English language, excellent grammar, spelling and attention to detail essential
- Experience of specialist document production within a legal, tender, or contract proof-reading environment would be a distinct advantage
- Good numeracy alongside an understanding of invoicing and purchase order processes.
- Open and distribute incoming correspondence (faxes, emails, post); attend to all filing as required; prepare business correspondence (email, letters etc.)
- Deal with all incoming telephone calls; forward calls and/or take messages as appropriate
- Proof read and format complex project reports and documents, and assist with tender submissions
- Support the Project Delivery Team in all aspects of project administration
- Maintain group electronic diary * Maintain stationery and other stock controls, including PPE; reorder as required
- Prepare and regularly update financial documentation; follow internal processes to ensure accurate and timely issue of invoices and reports
- Reconcile monthly credit card business accounts, balance receipts against statements, and submit reports to the Business Manager and the Company Secretary
- Collate, reconcile, and report monthly mileage and expenses claims
- Maintain starter/leaver records and prepare New Starter Induction Packs
- Maintain the group CV portfolio * Maintain holiday records and accurately record leave authorisations
- Maintain training records, the annual Training Matrix, and arrange training events
- Assist the Business Manager with fleet lifecycle, procurement, maintenance, and fleet management activities * Assist the Business Manager with internal audit and accreditation activities
- Support the Business Manager where needed in all areas of the business
The interview process may involve a practical test on Microsoft Word.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- German speaking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"