We have an exciting opportunity for BI Developer to join our BI delivery team within Whitbread. You will be accountable for all the key development and support capability – front end Reporting & Analytics and back end ETL/ELT and Integration.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Deliver across the entire software delivery life cycle – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release into post implementation support.
- Specifies user/system interfaces and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Ensures all deliverables are well documented, re-usable, tested and operates at a high level of performance and conforms to architecture design and coding standards.
- Undertakes analytical activities required to support the development and maintenance of systems.
- Provides support on key products should there be an incident / problem related to a product that’s now live and requires a development fix.
- Supports / collaborates with the team and takes ownership of driving forward relevant stories (updating the ticket on the Kanban board & Jira)
- Jointly responsible with the team for converting the Product backlog into ‘Done’ potentially releasable increments.
- Recognises and influences key stakeholders and adapts conversations according to level of technical understanding.
- Works with strategic supplier’s onshore and offshore development teams as required.
- Is actively involved with relevant technology & analyst communities and acts as an ambassador for Whitbread’s BI Delivery function.
What we are looking for
- Solid experience of T-SQL (stored procedures, functions)
- Experience of Tableau or Power BI
- Experience with relational and multi-dimensional databases and data modelling.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cosmos preferred
- Integration and ETL experience
- Able to conduct requirements gathering and train business users
- End-to-end delivery experience working across the full BI software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of reporting analysis, design and implementing reports and dashboards
- Demonstrates analytical skills and critical thinking in connection with understanding the business needs and conveying these to others
- Strong communication skills recognising and influencing the key stakeholders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job