BI Developer / SQL Server / SSIS / SSRS
Salary: £64,000 - £74,000 + bonus + benefits
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) was established in 1988 as a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. Since then, they have built an innovative, high performing reputation as one of the UK's leading fund managers with an award winning track record and exceptional standard of client service.
RLAM provide investment management solutions to both wholesale and institutional clients such as not-for-profit organisations, local authorities and the insurance sector. They invest across all major asset classes and manage approximately £101 billion of assets (at 30.09.2016), an increase of more than 100% over the past four years. RLAM pride themselves on the people they employ, their excellent performance and delivery, and the wide-ranging group of clients they manage for.
RLAM are looking to make an important appointment of an experienced BI Developer join our IT Business Applications Development team. The RLAM IT Business Applications Development team are responsible for supporting all production business applications as well as managing and promoting IT change surrounding these systems, whether this is business process change or system developments. Reporting into the Applications Development Team Lead you will play a pivotal role in the design, implementation, testing and support of our integration and reporting solutions based on Microsoft BI stack. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Microsoft BI suite of tools and an excellent track record with SQL Server development.
- Design, Development and Support of daily batch processes integrating RLAM's business critical systems and 3rd party vendors
- Design, Development and Support of business reports and dashboards across all RLAM's business functions
- Design and Development of Operational Data Stores, Data Marts and Data Warehouses to support data needs of all RLAM's business functions
- Analysis and design of software changes and new functionality, collaborating effectively with internal resources and relevant business stakeholders
- Work flexibly and effectively across teams ensuring that team and business objectives are met
- Suggest workflow improvements to Applications Development Team Lead
- The ability to work closely with Business Users, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Test and Application Support Teams
- The ability to work autonomously whilst being part of a team
- The ability and evidence of building internal relationships between technical teams, project teams and users
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server BI stack, especially SQL Server Management Studio, T-SQL, SSRS and SSIS
- Experience in SQL database design (relational/star schema) and best practices around indexing and query performance
- Experience designing and building operational data stores as well as data warehouses
- Strong understanding of ETL process and experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Good understanding of reporting and data visualisation, experience building reports in Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- OLAP Cubes and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- PowerShell, scripting and automation
- R/Python/Data Science
- C# and Microsoft .NET Development
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Attention to detail, ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Keen to learn new software development techniques, technologies and best practices
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below. For any further queries regarding the role, please contact or please call .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"