BI Database Administrator
Part of a FTSE 250 financial group who have been in Bradford since 1880, we exist to help people when others will not. We are a trusted and ethical lender, lending to our customers face to face and making sure the loans we offer are manageable, understandable and exactly right for them. It is this personal, responsible approach that really makes us different.
About the Role
In this role you will administer and assure the availability of Business Intelligence critical databases for the user base by owning and managing Incidents, Problems and Changes assigned to the team to identify and resolve application software and database faults. As part of this process and that of continual service improvement, develop and implement solutions and minor enhancements. Additionally this role involves Release management and transition of new service into live in a controlled manner.
- Adherence to Incident Management process.
- Own and resolve Incidents assigned to team and own queue, adhering to the Database Applications Services processes.
- There will be the opportunity to cover 24/7 shift patterns as per the company policy and procedures.
- Adherence to Problem Management process.
- Own and manage the resolution of Problems assigned to team and own queue, adhering to the Database Applications Services processes.Change Management
- Adherence to Change Management process.
- Embrace changes and engage with the change process to implement change.
- Own and oversee implementation of changes assigned to team and own queue, adhering to the Database Applications Services processes.
- Adherence to Release Management process.
- Develop, document and maintain support processes, procedures and solutions.
- Assist and support other areas of the business to meet business demands.
- Implement and embrace new processes as defined by Governance.
- Develop and transition 1st line activity including first time fixes into Service Desk and 1st line teams.
Essential skills and experience
- Strong T-SQL scripting skills.
- Good understanding of Relational Database Management Systems.
- Developing and Administration of Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
- SSRS and SSIS development and deployment skills.
- Understanding of Powershell.
- General knowledge of networking, storage, software installation and management, and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Intermediate experience of incident, problem, change and release processes.
- Intermediate experience of working in an IT service support environment.
- Experience of Service Management tools that incorporate Incident, Problem, Change Management Processes.
- MCSA 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- MCSA 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to at least foundation level.
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business who are here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development - giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take the work/life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions are valued and listened to.
On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service.
- Up to 7% annual profit bonus.
- Plus pension and a whole range of other benefits besides.
- BI DBA
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job